Vista Windows Explorer sidebar Favorite Links menu problems... Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iFargle

Linux / HPC / K8s SME
Staff member
So, here's the deal, basically:
linkasdf_by_DingisFargle.jpg

I don't know what I did :(

When I try to add a short cut by dragging and dropping, it displays that little "NO!" circle and line symbol. When I click on (Empty), nothing opens. (It's a link)

Any ideas on how to fix this? I used the sidebar a lot and am a little frustrated with it :tongue:

Have you checked all of your settings? Do you have the right click option to Restore the Favorites when you click on the heading?

I have two options under right click:

"Open Favorite Links Folder" and "Restore Default Favorite Links", neither of which do anything when clicked on.

What settings have you messed with since the time it worked and now? Have you tried a Restore Point?

The only thing I remember doing that could have affected it was running CCleaner once. I don't have any restore points on this computer :(

It could have esily been something in the CCLeaner options. Did you pay attention to the options you had checked or just run it? It may have done something to the Registry. As that would be the only thing i can gather from this.

It's been at the same settings since it was first installed on my computer. Is there a directory for this "Favorite Links"? It could have been deleted some how.. And when I right click to open the folder, it won't open..

There is no directory for it. I have checked up and down to find it. There is no directory. It is just a link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom