Vista Welcome Center Video RAM Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfc469

Daemon Poster
OK, heres the deal. I have a friend that has a NVIDIA 8500GT video card that has 512 MB dedicated ram. On the windows welcome center in vista, it say that I have 1280MB of video ram. How is this possible? Is the video card somehow pulling from the system ram to make it 1280?

Thanks

I don't even understand where your talking about video ram at the welcome center... the only thing it mentions is system ram...

alright so it looks like they took that off. It used to be there. Anyways, you can type dxdiag into the search box in the start menu and then go to the display tab and it will tell you how much video ram vista thinks it has. Its still the same number.

Thanks

Well I know on my laptop I have a 512mb dedicated card, but it is using the same ammount of my system memory. Most prebuilt systems will set the system memory so that a certain portion usualy equal in size will be dedicated to the graphics card.

ok heres a screen shot of it:

screen.jpg

This is from my laptop, it has a 128 mb dedicated video card, and it shows up with more ram than that.

go to your bios and disable the ram (or set it to 0) allocated to your video card. that ram is use to help onboard video. when you add a card, you don't need it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom