Vista and Webcam problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ioanni

In Runtime
Alright guys I'm back with a new problem. My girlfriend has a younger brother who bought a laptop during the back to school sale back in September. I also bought a similar laptop I got a higher model.
Now inside the box with the laptop we got those anytime upgrade disks. So for some reason he decided to actually use those disks. So he used the anytime disk to upgrade for home premium to home premium.
Now the problem is that his built in webcam does not work and he has constant freezing problems as well as slow Internet speeds.
The main concern is getting the webcam to work I tried to update the driver,nothing. I tried ininstalling it and reinstalling it, nothing.
So I'm fresh out of ideas on what to do.
Any imput would greatly appreciated.

The laptop is a toshiba satelite a200ah7.

He upgraded from Home Premium to Home Premium? Why?

Sadly they will have to contact Toshiba. Have to see if they got the right drivers for it. The anytime upgrade have been nothing but a issue for everyone as far as i hear. There is no real answer other than restoring the system to factory defaults to installing with the new serial provided with the upgrade.

Honeslty Makaveli I have no clue why he did that. I asked him and he said well he had to do it sometime and the disks were sitting right there so he was bored and decided to do it.

I told him it made no sense to do it, since he upgrades from Home Premium to Home Premium. I told him if he were to upgrade from Home Premium to Ultimate then I could understand why.

I`ve been searching for the net for possible soloutions but nothing. All the soloutions are the stuff I`ve tried. I also read something about the anytime upgrade causing problems.

I read that you have to activae Vista to make it work but that sounds like BS to me. It makes absoloutly no sense, its like when I got my BlackBerry my service provider screwed up transfering my phone number to the new phone and they told take the battery out of the old phone and the new one will have service.

So I would have to use the new cd key that came with the upgrade or the one on the sticker thats underneath the computer?

Really, I guess restoring the system back to factory defaults is the only soloution. We really don`t want to but are prepared to do it. I`ve never used a restore disk before so I am looking forward for the experience.

Yeah sadly that is the only option. I mean i could see if he upgraded from Home Premium to Ultimate. But he already had Home Premium installed and working. Why upgrade to it? I didnt even think that was possible....

Overall this situation is just odd. A factory restore looks like the only real viable option.

Yes I didn't know that it was possible untl a few years ago when I installed XP over XP.

In the end it was a stupid decision that was made but I guess to restore the pc back to factory defaults is the only soloution.

I've tried the camera drivers and software from teh Toshiba website and that did not work at all. Thanks for posting the link atomic_tofu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom