Vista vs mac os x leapard

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben_ben

In Runtime
I am thinking of buying a laptop which operating system is the best and is it true that macs cant get viruses

this is a personal taste question...as well you are asking in an OS specific forum.

That said, you should get a Windows Vista based laptop

Macs can get virii/malware/trojans, etc

If you're not a true techie and do not like to tinker with your computer, pic a Mac. If you like to mess around, buy high end gaming gear, and tinker with your computer, stick with MS.

Since this is WINDOWS OS...you should just check with MAC sites or the mac forum. Then see what is better for you.

There are some people who hate Windows and will come here to make negative commments. That I don't understand....but of course sort of do. I don't care about mac, linux...and I don't need to say anything against them...so I don't.

You will often find though that, Windows fans have the ability to be neutral and/or fair. That is, if we don't use something...we won't say we don't...but then bash it.

:D

i agree with atomic tofu....just as my own personal opinion im going to be sticking with XP, vista is way over rated and is just a horrible OS the more you read from symantec and other companies.

like he said macs can get a virus.

Macs also have limited programs, games, video/audio editing software etc. since more companies make these things for windows than mac so you have a wider selection to choose from.

Let me shed some light....

Windows sucks. However if you ever want to update the laptop stick with windows. If you want to not get infections, don't be stupid. READ THE STICKIES HERE and you will get maybe an infection or 2 yearly.

I don't like MACs. They are annoying and easier to destroy imo. Macs can easily get infections, if you have seen the b/s commercials about how PCs get infections and macs don't... well first off a PC is a personal computer nothing to do with windows. (Morons made that commercial i assure you). As for the pains in the *** of windows, use good software; recieve great results.

For instance... remove norton, mcaffee, w/e firewall they give you, AOL, and WMP. Install avg / avast, zone alarm, AIM (if you must use aol instant messenger use AIM 6.x), and spybot S&D. Winamp for music playing. If you'd like to hear more.... PM me or something.
~blitze

PS
if you ever want to transfer files from computers do NOT buy a mac. Why? 85% of the world is unix and windows.

slight defense of norton MAYBE...

I haven't used Norton myself in a while...when they started sucking.

However, I read a review recently that gave them a good score and because they redid it's engine. So maybe just give it a look if they really fixed it.

;)

atomic tofu said:
slight defense of norton MAYBE...

I haven't used Norton myself in a while...when they started sucking.

However, I read a review recently that gave them a good score and because they redid it's engine. So maybe just give it a look if they really fixed it.

;)

Norton Antivirus actually has the second highest detection rate. The highest is BitDefender.

Ben, it depend on several things. First, what do use your computer for? Second, what OS best suits the way you understand thing's? Third, How compatible would you like your computer to be according to the what's out there? My opinion of course...would be Windows.

I'm not sure how many ppl have tried out some of Norton's new product's... but i am pretty impressed with Norton 360 all around :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom