Is Vista using all physical memory available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech-man

In Runtime
Hi Tech buddies!

I recently upgraded physical memory on Vista 32 bit home basic machine. I was wondering if it is using all memory available which is 4 GB. And why is it showing in Task manager that Total Physical memory is 3031. I want to be able to use all 4.

Thanks!
Happy new Year! :cute:

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 97
How do I how much memory is graphic card using?

So windows is using all 3 GB out of total 4, and other 512 is probably used by graphic card. I'd need to switch 64 bit version to use all 4.
One more thing, is it possible to install another operating system in same partition? (not making different partition for other OS, and not upgrading from current OS)

Thanks!

It wont matter. 32 Bit can not use 4GB. You can use PAE but the fact is doing so to get you the other 512MB will cost you in speed. You would be better off getting a 64 Bit version of Vista or Win7 and run that instead. No matter what the GFX card is using you can not get 4GB on 32 Bit without PAE and the effects of running PAE would negate the extra RAM you get.

Windows Vista Alternate Media

Order teh 64 Bit version replacement DVD and use your current serial. Saves more hassle.

is it possible to install another operating system in same partition? (not making different partition for other OS, and not upgrading from current OS)

I figured windows 7 will let me install 64 bit version on the same partition where vista 32 bit is installed.
Just want to know before actually installing, would this (two different OS with different bit versions) ever clash each other? Is it safe? I want to do this because I got already 3 partition with vista, and dont want to make another one. ( the other two are back up from manufacture).

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom