Vista Users ... x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit)?

Vista-users ONLY, Please: Do you use x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit)?

• x86 (32-bit)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • x64 (64-bit)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vormund

Daemon Poster
I'm just curious what the majority of Vista users are running: Windows Vista 32-bit or 64-bit, and if you're running 32-bit, are there any specific reason(s)?

I'm running 32-bit Vista for compatibility (who would've thought!) reasons, as I use far too many apps (many of which are older), and got scared off by the many problems people using XP 64-bit encountered. I figure I'll upgrade in a year or so when it's more of the "norm" and be safe until then.

How 'bout you?

The main reason I ask is I see MANY people with questions/problems, but most are using 64-bit... which either means 64 is plentiful error-wise, or 32 is last week's news!

I know a lot more people are using Vista...c'mon, vote! More importantly, could those 32-bit (and 64-bit for that matter) state any specific reasons why you chose that version? :)

64 bit - love it! Why'd I choose? I have a 64 bit processor; no brainer!

64 bit processor with a 32 bit OC;
That's like getting a care that runs on high test buy putting regular in it.

gotta love them x64 OS's but i made the mistake once of upgrading when Nvidia and ATI didn't release good drivers... so i had no drivers for my video card......

I went with a 32 bit version vista simply because I didn't want to deal with the hassle of trying to get things to work with a 64 bit vista. I went through this with XP and I was fairly annoyed with the lack of support for the 64 bit version.

I have 32 Bit currently. I am looking to upgrade my CPU to 64 Bit after that i will do 64 Bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom