Vista Upgrade Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeroplane22

Baseband Member
So I'm trying to upgrade from Business x64 to Ultimate x64. I can get through nearly the entire operation up until the last step, "Completing Upgrade . . . "

It then, without fail, decides to transmit to me an error at exactly 25% of the final Completing Upgrade step (The installation has encountered an error. Please restart the installation.) I have attempted this 5 times and have tried the following.

1. Tried disabling and then uninstalling my Anti-Virus.
2. Uninstalled various programs that I could consider to conflict with setup.
3. Tried Connection to updates for the installation and no connection.
4. Unplugged everything except for mouse and keyboard.
5. Tried asking Tech-Forums for assistance.... awaiting help.

So any suggestions as to what I could do to alleviate? I forgot to write down the error code during the last attempt.

I am trying to do an upgrade like I have before through Windows Marketplace: Software & hardware for the Windows operating system, you simply click on the Upgrade License and insert your Vista disc and allow it to do it's business.

So I have fixed the problem knowing that I should have did the fix in the first place. Basically I've heard of the greater than 2gb RAM during install issue before and I have run into similar problems when installing Vista on different PCs with an entirely different set of RAM and MoBo. So all I did was remove 2 sticks, bringing my PC down to 2gb of RAM before the install; which fixed the problem.

The error code was 0xC0000005, which to my knowledge could have been a memory access violation. Also, I do believe that Microsoft is aware of the RAM install issue, that one should only have 2gb or less of RAM prior to installing or upgrading. This is very good information to have considering it could be a culprit in many cases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom