Vista Upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saynt25

Beta member
I currently use XP Pro. I purchased an upgrade to Vista Home Premium; for a great price at a closing CompUSA store. I really wasn't ready to take the plunge into Vista but figured I would get the upgrade since It was an excellent price.

My question is, I want to avoid any issues with drivers or any other vista issues by doing a Duel Boot system. The guys at the store couldn't answer whether I need a full version of Vista instead of an upgrade version, in order to do duel boot.

So, can I use a Vista upgrade to do a duel boot system, or will I need the full version to do this.

Either way its a win, win situation since I can just hang onto the copy of Vista if I cant do the duel boot.

Thanks in Advance for the help.

im not sure about the dual boot thingy but i have had absolutely no problems with driver issues

Hello,

It is possible to do a clean install of Windows Vista using a Windows Vista Upgrade CD, and therefore create a dual boot system with Windows XP and Windows Vista with the Upgrade disc. Though, it is a bit long winded. The following article guides you step by step:

http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/winvista_upgrade_clean.asp

Firstly you'll want to make sure that you have free space on your hard drive for the new Windows Vista partition. Next, perform the clean install with the upgrade disc using the instructions in the article above (making sure that you use the free space and not overwrite the Windows XP partition).

Woot!! thanks a bunch guys.. I was really hoping that it would work .... Greatly appreciate yall's help. :)

Take care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom