Vista Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lokolo

Baseband Member
Thinking of going to upgrade Vista. Currently I have XP but it's not a legal version, will I still be able to buy the Upgrade version? Or will the full version have to be bought?

Lokolo

You could buy the Upgrade but it is never recommended to upgrade. You should full install and buy the full version.

I shouldnt say never recommended to upgrade but you really dont get the full advantage of the new OS. Since it is just placed on top of XP all you really do is replace some system files and some GFX. Other than that deep down it is still XP.

you can probably do a fresh install. it might just ask for the xp cd like the xp upgrade ask for the win 98 cd.

Like the other poster above. I am not a big fan of upgrades. Better to do a clean instal, which does not mean you can't still use the upgrade version, if vista is like the past OS's. You will need an OS cd that has an upgrade path to Vista. You could borrow. Upgrades are usually cheaper too.
Just boot from the upgrade cd , on a freshly formated HD it will not find a previous OS so Vista will ask to see your old OS cd, for inspection. That is it.

My opinion is there are going to be 5 versions of Vista on one cd. If you do not have all the latest video cards / hardware...etc , you may have to settle for a watered down ver and xp may have been better, just a guess , still checking into this.

ah right cool thanks.

and about the whole buying the software thing, you wanna give me £200 to buy a copy?

I'm 18 with 2 part time jobs to pay off car insurance which cost £1400 (£1398) which I need to get to school and back... now can you see why I don't want to have to pay?

I work full time and support a wife, child, house, car, bills, internet, and more. So what that you have a car to pay for. We all have things to pay for. Save the Money up then get it. There is no excuse no to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom