Is Vista Ultimate worth the price over Home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtumble2

In Runtime
I'm getting Vista 64 bit soon. On newegg, XP 64 bit is $140, Vista Home 64 Bit is $100, and Vista Ultimate 64 bit is $170.

Is Vista Ultimate really worth the $70 over home? I'm really heading towards Vista because of DX10, which will be nice.

Thanks

No way..

Vista Ultimate has Business and Home Premium Features put together..

plus it only has a few Vista Ultimate Extra's which don't make it worth it.. so my input is no

Thats good news. And is DX10 the only real benefit between xp 64bit and vista home 64bit?

Yeah i did a search but it didnt regard anything on 64 bit stuff..

No. There are many benefits to running Vista. Security for 1. Network is better. There are many things better about Vista than XP. But that is a opinion. Again the search will give you all the answers.

One question, do the current nvidia drivers (177.xx?) drivers work with vista 64 bit? I have a gtx260 and i dont wanna get owned

** And im not going to sli, im getting a xfire board anyway.. maybe in a few years

And btw.. Is Home premium and better than Home basic? its $10 more.. Should i get that for some reason

Nvm, apparently premium comes with media center and auto backup. Thanks

I have Vista Ultimate 64 and yeah, the latest nVidia drivers work fine. I disagree about the network security. All it does is make networks harder to set up, not more secure. You can't share folders that are on your Desktop, in your My Documents folder, or anything else that is in /users without sharing the entire Users folder, which I see more as a security risk than better security. I fixed this by making a C:/My Documents folder that I can share alone from everything else to put my music and videos in.

I didnt say Network Security. I said network as it has been rewritten and not just added to like XP's network stack was. I have been able to share single folders just fine. Without having to share whole folders. I have been able to share single files in a folder. I have been able to do everything that i could do in XP in Vista with my network just fine. Even with my new Ubuntu install on my laptop.

But it is a opinion that it seems me and a few people share. Everyone thinks that the only thing Vista has is DX10 and Aero over XP which is no where near the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom