vista ultimate build

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazlunatic

In Runtime
Hey guys, I was just wondering what the build version is for the retail version of windows vista ultimate.

to do this, click on start menu, then run dxdiag and it will tell you.

thx

oh. what are some things you would like to know about vista? cuz i'm thinking of starting an information site or blog abut it=)

I notice that Microsoft is really strict on activation. It can only be done online, and it didn't work with a brand new copy. I had to call them up :(

Hey i just got Vista Home Premium and im wondering how you view the direct x diagnostics tool,in xp you went to run then dxdiag, but ther doesnt appear to be a run box in the start menu.

crazlunatic said:
oh. what are some things you would like to know about vista? cuz i'm thinking of starting an information site or blog abut it=)
There is a whole thread at the top with alomst every answer you can think of. Plus the fact that i have used it since it was still called Longhorn and was just leaked to the net.:p

sailpog said:
Hey i just got Vista Home Premium and im wondering how you view the direct x diagnostics tool,in xp you went to run then dxdiag, but ther doesnt appear to be a run box in the start menu.
To solve this...Right click on the menu bar. Properties. Get to the Customize Start Menu options. Scroll down. there will be a Run Command on there. Check the box to get the Run command back on the start menu for easy access.

Then jsut Go Run>dxdiag to get it.;)

Makaveli213 said:
There is a whole thread at the top with alomst every answer you can think of. Plus the fact that i have used it since it was still called Longhorn and was just leaked to the net.:p

To solve this...Right click on the menu bar. Properties. Get to the Customize Start Menu options. Scroll down. there will be a Run Command on there. Check the box to get the Run command back on the start menu for easy access.

Then jsut Go Run>dxdiag to get it.;)
Did you know the search feature in the start menu can also be used as a run dialog? It's worked for almost everything that I've had to run.

Anyway, mine says that I'm running Direct X 10. How is this possible if my video card is only a DX9 card?

It says DX10 since that is what is installed with Vista.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom