Vista Ultimate 64 - Has anybody else had sleep problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
I just set up Ultimate 64 bit and left for a while so my system could install Steam and all of the Steam games I have on my account. I came back a while later and my system was shut off. I turn it back on, I get no output from monitor, seconds later it shuts off.

Thanks to the help of a TF friend of mine, I was able to get my system to respond properly when turning it on by removing the CMOS battery as well as draining the capacitor power on the board. It was then I realized that Vista caused my computer to go to sleep after an hour.

I was just out for 7 hours and left my Vista system run idle, just like I did before... however this time I had sleep checked to "never."

It's fine now. Absolutely fine.

Just curious if anybody else had weird headaches with the sleep function on Vista.

I always seem to have problems with the sleep function...it seems like the computer never wants to wake up...I never had to reset the cmos or anything like that...usually just a power cycle will get it to wake up...but now I just have it always turned to never...and just let it turn the monitor off after an hour

My computer sometimes doesn't want to go to sleep with Vista Ultimate 64. I always thought it was a bios setting thing. I don't mind though, cuz my computer doesn't take up much power and is very quiet.

If memory serves me correct when I had those issues it was related to a windows update and some unsigned drivers with my GPU.... Make sure your GPU drivers are digitaly signed and verified... Now I am starting to run into issues with more of there stupid updates... lol

My laptop acts weird with Vista, if it's plugged in and on "High Performance" settings, it refuses to sleep (even when I press the sleep button). It turns off the display and acts like it's going to sleep, but it remains powered up, fans and lights on, drives still spinning, etc. When I press a key, it goes to the login page. However, when it's either unplugged, in a power saving mode, or both, it goes into sleep mode just fine. Really annoying when I want to put it to sleep, then unplug it and stuff it into my backpack to go to class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom