Vista Themes for XP - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 08:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie

Send a message via AIM to BoysNightOut
Default Vista Themes for XP

I loaded Vista 3rd Release on my PC, but much of my software is unsupported yet, so I'm going to have to wait and build a newer faster unit to accomodate it anyways and then use the software when it is integrated to Vista.

Are there any Vista themes for XP I can download and run that are safe and stable? I loved the Vista style GUI and want it again, but for my fresh reload of XP Pro. If anyone knows of where to get a nice one. Please let me know! Thanks!

(I saw a few that looked mediocre, and weren't the same as the 3rd Release Candidate, they were close but not the actual same style of start button/menu/options etc.)

Thanks again!

Old 12-21-2006, 09:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Okay couple things. there was no RC3 for Vista. It went from RC2 build 5744 to RTM build 6000.

Other than that XP cant support the Vista theme. XP uses bmp which doesnt support transparency. While Vista uses PNG which does.

So the only way to accomplish this is to use WindowsBlinds or StyleXP. Those are the only way to accomplish this.

Both are 3rd party software. Both are pay for services. Before you ask there isnt any free software that can accomplish this like these can.

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 12-21-2006, 11:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Techie

Send a message via AIM to BoysNightOut

Well we do have Third Release Candidate here at jefferson Laboratories lol. It's the Vista Business edition too. So...I dunno, maybe it's called something else, but for us that's what it's called, 3rd release. Maybe they just dubbed it the 3rd release or something.

No problem about the Vista theme. I am starting to gather up the build for a new fast tower to have a Vista machine anyways once it's fully released and supported so it won't be a big deal anyhow =) Thanks though guys!
Old 12-21-2006, 08:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Then it isnt called a 3rd release. I am a Official tester. I have used Every build released. There was Beta 1, Beta 2, RC1, RC2 and may builds released inbetween. But no RC3.

Old 12-22-2006, 02:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Don't waste time on buying the 3rd party software... There are several ways around that without having to pay for a cheap (not literally) program. Google "UXTheme.dll Patch" and you'll be able to use Theme,s, and some other color schemes...
Old 12-22-2006, 05:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

As i stated in my first post...Using the UXTheme Patch will NOT, i repeat NOT, give you any sort of glass effect. XP uses .bmp for it window frame rendering while Vista uses .png format. the .bmp format can NOT render anything transparent. While you can with .png format.

So go ahead and use the UXTheme patch. But i hope you wanted the Vista Basic theme. Cause that is all you will get.

Closed Thread