Vista Theme for XP Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natalie105

Baseband Member
Does anyone know where to get a good Windows Vista theme for XP Pro? I've got a Brico Pack at the moment (Vista Inspirat) but I was wondering if there's anything better? Preferably a theme that won't disturb anything on my computer!

If you are looking for Transparency you will need Windowsblinds. If you just want the "look" of Vista then go with the one that Yamikotai linked to.

I would steer clear of the transformation packs. They alter system files and removal of them can be a real pain as system files were altered and if you dont like it, it would require a repair install to get rid of it.

As for install of the stuff Yamikotai linked to. The instructions are on the page.

Download UX Theme MultiPatcher from here
Run the setup file
Grab anyone of the following styles and download them on to your PC
Double click on the .msstyle file and apply the style.
Voila! Your XP has a new look

Thanks, how do I install it? I've gone for the 3rd one, the aero one, but when I use WinRar to extract the files, I can't see where to install it.

Extract it anywhere... best is the C;/Windows/Resources/Themes

I assume you already did the UXTheme.dll hack when doing this? When you do the hack, go to where you extract it and open the MSStyles file and hit Apply or OK

Ok thanks for the info. I'll try it again later. Is Vista Inspirat Brico Back (what I've got now) bad then? I did try the aero theme that I mentioned earlier, but it looked nothing like the picture so I got rid of it, I'll give it another go later.

Some of the old transformation packs were bugged but the latter ones seem to be pretty stable in the install or the uninstall, the only problems I had were with the "added" 3rd party stuff which during installs they give you a choice to not install them because they are not necessary to have the Vista look.

But thats free, windows blinds is not.

If you have a license for XP Pro, you could always shop around for a copy of XP Black addition which comes with a few skins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom