vista is testing my nerves - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 04-13-2007, 01:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
Default vista is testing my nerves

so i dont know whats wrong with it now...ive been able to fix all my vista issues myself but now im stuck....I ran the latest updates for windows vista 32 bit, but after installing the LOTR Online shadows of Angmar it started to make my display driver i uninstalled it, uninstalled my vid card driver and did fresh install of it of the lastest driver from nvidia (i have an xfx 8800gtx)
so after doing that i reinstalled LOTR and it worked fine i rebooted the computer and tried to open IE up but it opens for a second then says this program has stopped working. The faulting mod is jscript.dll i looked this up on another computer and it said that its a java script file and if its not there or corrupted it will cause IE to i managed to put a different browser on there (flock browser) and went to to download the latest...sure enough it wouldnt let me do it, so i uninstalled the java that i had rebooted and went to it starts but then windows comes up and says: "Error Applying Transforms, verify specified transform paths are valid"....Ive installed all lastest drivers i've rolled back drivers, ive uninstalled LOTR, ive did that master reset for IE i scanned for virus' and nothing was found using Kaspersky, Norton and AVG (i did 3 because i know one will sometimes pick up something another one will not) ive tried downloading the offline installer for java and still gives me the same error...heres the details of IE crash

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: iexplore.exe
Application Version: 7.0.6000.16386
Application Timestamp: 4549b133
Fault Module Name: jscript.dll
Fault Module Version:
Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bce2

the version of it i believe is the out of date version its up to 6.3 now for java and im pretty sure IE would work right if i could get java installed but i cant so anyone got any ideas? oh ive also downloaded it on my other computer and burnt it onto a cd still the same thing

-E6300 Intel Core Duo 1.86GHz
-ASUS P5NSLI Motherboard
-OCZ PC6400 800MHz 4x1GB Platinum series
-XFX 8800GTX
-OCZ Gamer Xtream 700W PSU
-2x160GB WD HD in RAID 0
-Antec Nine Hundred case
Old 04-13-2007, 04:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Master Techie
Default Re: vista is testing my nerves

When you go to the control panel do you have the java icon and what happens when you click it? if it comes up with the java control panel delete the temporary files then try the update tab.

You could also try add/remove programs and uninstalling java completely.

Old 04-13-2007, 10:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Graphic Designer
Send a message via MSN to mssssee2 Send a message via Yahoo to mssssee2

Please, could you be more accurate? It might be a vista bug which is probably fixed, try windows update. Also try running the program in compartibility mode and as administrator.

,MIKE FROM Greece, 14
Old 04-13-2007, 03:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

nVidia themselves have said that the 8800 drivers are buggy. So that is why with your XFX 8800 GTX and a game that you are experiencing issues. The iexplorer crash could be a result of this issue as well as the buggy drivers could also result in other issues since they are known to be buggy.

It could be also that the nVidia 8800 drivers can use the latest Java. I do know that the latest Java is tested and working on XP. Not fully on VIsta yet which has a completely new structure than XP.
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 04-13-2007, 08:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Techie
Send a message via AIM to plumber4578 Send a message via MSN to plumber4578

If it's only happening in IE; just use FireFox - it's much better anyway.
My puter:
CPU - INTEL Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz
MEM - 4 GB (1BGX4) G.SKILL PC2 6400
HD - 2 SAMSUNG 500GB 7200 RPM
OS - Windows Vista 64Bit
Old 04-14-2007, 01:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
True Techie

nah ive ran all windows updates, ive ran in admin mode.....yea i might use firefox its just a pain that messenger uses IE by default and theres no way to change it. and no theres no java icon i was able to uninstall it no problem but update to this issue...i left my computer on all day amd when i got home from work it mystically worked fine....i had left my Flock browser open at while i was at work...thats what i left it at last night because i got tired of trying to fix this issue so when i opened IE when i got home it works fine now...but i still get the same error downloading java? so thats fine...i can live without java for now i just find it strange it works all of a sudden now

-E6300 Intel Core Duo 1.86GHz
-ASUS P5NSLI Motherboard
-OCZ PC6400 800MHz 4x1GB Platinum series
-XFX 8800GTX
-OCZ Gamer Xtream 700W PSU
-2x160GB WD HD in RAID 0
-Antec Nine Hundred case
Closed Thread