Vista to support 64bit CPU's??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can guarentee you that even the 64 Bit Vista will have a starter edition. Why?

Because even though people have spend all the $$ on 64 Bit doesnt mean they want to spend all the $$ on Vista.

Not everyone needs more than the Starter Edition. M$ knows this. Espically for people who dont know much about PC's and just use it for Email and Internet. They just buy what is out on a shelf. So i stand by my remark. I know quite a few people that are on the Testing team. I know a few people within M$. Ryan (BSOD) has not said anything aobut only the Starter Edition being 32 bit.

What i meant by being the same is that the Basic Edition will be the same for 32 Bit and 64 Bit. Just like the Ultimate Edition will be the same wheter it be 32 Bit or 64Bit. Not that the Basic is the same as Ultimate. So who read that one wrong?

I have Beta Tested for M$ for over 5 years now. I was a Beta Tester for Whistler and still have those around. HAve you? Dont try and make it seem like i am new to this and dont knwo what i am talking about.

I think you are putting too much trust into Microsoft. The basis edition is supposed to start at right around $99, so I don't see them trying to be in a hurry to put a cheaper version out to the public. BTW, the starte edition doesn't support the new graphics interface, so what would really be the reason to upgrade?

You are right that the Starter Edition wont support the new Aero GUI. But the Starter Edition isnt what most people will get. Most system will come pre-installed with the Basic Edition. Not many people will even have access to the Starter Edition. How many people do we know that use XP Starter Edition? Not many.

In the US they wont even offer the Starter Edition. As for the price of $99 that isnt confirmed yet. It has been discussed but no prices have been announced.

I dont put much trust in M$. But i do understand how they work as a business. They are all about making $$. To do so you have to give the consumer options. An limiting the Editions options to either 32 Bit or 64 Bit isnt the way to go. You will hamper either the majority of PC users that only have 32 Bit or the Tech Geeks that have 64 Bit systems.

just for kicks how much do people think Vista Ultimate is going to cost? at least a ballpark value..... 200? 300!?!?!?

I would say about $300 or so. That is what XP Pro was upon release and they seem to be following that path with the Office 2007 prices. They are close to the Office 2003 prices so i would figure that Vista would follow closely to XP prices.

I respect your comments. You are correct in that the Starter Edition will be aimed towards developing countries. It looks like the Basic version won't support the Aero GUI either; leaving those that just have to have Vista moving up to the next level. Heck, the Aero GUI is what alot of the marketing is about. Make something look different, and people will surely buy. As for myself, I will wait awhile before making a leap.......to Vista. (I think)

Makaveli213 said:
You are right that the Starter Edition wont support the new Aero GUI. But the Starter Edition isnt what most people will get. Most system will come pre-installed with the Basic Edition. Not many people will even have access to the Starter Edition. How many people do we know that use XP Starter Edition? Not many.

In the US they wont even offer the Starter Edition. As for the price of $99 that isnt confirmed yet. It has been discussed but no prices have been announced.

I dont put much trust in M$. But i do understand how they work as a business. They are all about making $$. To do so you have to give the consumer options. An limiting the Editions options to either 32 Bit or 64 Bit isnt the way to go. You will hamper either the majority of PC users that only have 32 Bit or the Tech Geeks that have 64 Bit systems.

**** that sucks, but i thought XP Pro was 240 at at lauch....... maybe i 'm just blowing air outta my ***......

how much do u think Home premium'll cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom