Vista startup programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

wootwoot

In Runtime
I'd like some background info on some processes that seem to use up all the RAM on my laptop. I'm using msconfig to do all this. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Which start-up services are unnecessary? What's TrustedInstalled.exe, mscorsvw.exe?
I also have one or two svchost.exe processes that take up around 100,000 kb of mem.

Have you tried to Bing some of these things? I mean with how many process that can come up at startup it would be kinda hard for us to tell you the answer to all.

Trusted Installed is The Trusted Installer Profile Group. This is a default group with permission to install anything. Basically like a Admin but for Non-Admin Groups.

mscorsvw.exe - What is mscorsvw.exe?

mscorsvw.exe is a process belonging to Microsoft .NET Framework.\r "This program is a non-essential process, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems.\r"

svchost.exe can be many things. You have to right click and select Services to see what is using those svchost.exe processes. I know that i have had up to 10 or more running at once. We cant answer that one cause it is just about everything and anything that can cover it.

Get Process Explorer from SysInternals to get more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom