Vista Startup problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

worrwhorre

Baseband Member
I just recently installed vista on my computer and i was in the process of installing all of my programs onto my computer when i ran into a problem. I was installing zone alarm and downloading some music when i decided to go downstairs to watch some tv (my computer is upstairs in my room, not that it matters). I was gone for maybe fifteen minutes when i decided to return to my comp. I get there and see the computer restarted (usually it asks to restart when done installing something, right?) and it was stuck on the "boot from cd screen" (there was no cd in the drive) so i pressed the restart button. The computer restarted and vista came up and said welcome. It than said configuring updates (but i hadn't installed any updates) and then the screen turned blue and the comp restarted. Vista loaded again and it logged me on but there is a problem. I get logged on but the backround is black, there is no taskbar, and the only thing that pops up is my documents folder. I am able to run programs by going through local disk c, programs and clicking on them and everything and i was also able to change my backround but i still can't get my taskbar to show up or any of my icons.

I have no idea what happened and i don't know how to fx it. can some one help me out?

You surely have automatic updates on. I don't know why did that happen, try windows restore by booting the Vista Dvd.

i found my vista dvd and i was able to do a system restore and i got it working. thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom