Vista SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBB2010

In Runtime
at work, i reinstall vista daily. i'm getting really sick of installing windows and the service packs.
i can find vista x86 discs with SP2, but not x64. why is that?
if i'm just oblivious, where can i get the 64bit disc with SP2?

There are Vista with SP2 disks out there. But you must be part of MSDN ot TechNET to get them. Only legit sources have the options to get them. They are not on illegal downloading sites.

I just checked my MSDN and sure enough:

Windows Vista with Service Pack 2 (x64) - DVD (English)
5/11/2009

There is the ISO for Vista with SP2 for 64 Bit.

There are Vista with SP2 disks out there. But you must be part of MSDN ot TechNET to get them. Only legit sources have the options to get them. They are not on illegal downloading sites.

I just checked my MSDN and sure enough:

Windows Vista with Service Pack 2 (x64) - DVD (English)
5/11/2009

There is the ISO for Vista with SP2 for 64 Bit.

we have some account with microsoft where i sign in at partners.microsoft.com but it'll only let me download newer stuff like what we get in the action pack. should i be able to download vista sp2 x64 too?

Well you see the date. My account is directly through msdn.microsoft.com and technet.microsoft.com; so i cant answer if you will have it on the partners site. As you see this is from almost a year ago. You will have to contact the person in charge of the account and see if there is a way for you to get access.

hmm, i guess i'll just have to look into that then. if for some reason we can't get it that way, is there another way to get an updated oem vista disc legally?

No. OEM disks are only supplied to the Manufacturers. There is no legal way to get them unless you are the manufacturer.

You maybe lucky if you have some good connections within some of the manufacturer's companies and get them to supply you with a disk. But other than that Microsoft isnt going to supply you the disk.

The ISO i showed above isnt OEM. It is Retail.

No. OEM disks are only supplied to the Manufacturers. There is no legal way to get them unless you are the manufacturer.

You maybe lucky if you have some good connections within some of the manufacturer's companies and get them to supply you with a disk. But other than that Microsoft isnt going to supply you the disk.

The ISO i showed above isnt OEM. It is Retail.

haha, i'm sorry that's what i meant. i had an oem disc in my hand and lost my train of thought i guess.

i logged into msdn and i know what the problem is.
apparently there are different levels of accounts and the owner of this place is too cheap to pony up for the right one.
i can see the downloads but it says unavailable.

Yeah you need at least the MSDN Premium or MSDN Operating System in order to get them. I have Premium which is why i have access to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom