Vista SP1 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezysk

In Runtime
Just downloaded the Vista SP1 update, restarted puter....and then realized that this updated service pack FUBARED to <Snipped> my display. Everything shot to <Snipped>....fonts, icons, aspect ratio...SUCKS BIG TIME. Thinking of a roll back, but I'll wait for suggestion, comment reply.

Okay first. Read the rules. Zero Tolerance Profanity Policy.

2nd this is a known issue and has been know for over a month now since they start to roll out Vista SP1. You will have to get updated drivers for your onboard video.

2nd this is a known issue and has been know for over a month now since they start to roll out Vista SP1. You will have to get updated drivers for your onboard video.

I have the NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 series...but Windows says its the most current version.

Did you check the manufacturers website? Have you tried to uninstall the drivers and reinstall them?

I didnt mean did you check nvidia's site. Did you check the PC manufacturer's site. None of the moblie GFX Drivers aer listed on the nvidia site. You have to check eac PC manufacturer's site for those updates.

Rechecked the NVIDIA driver downloads and they did have the update. Followed the suggestion for deleting and installing driver, and now I have my pretty lovely display settings back. Big thanks. Still these Vista updates just aren't worth the hassle. Not only did it mess up my display, but also the audio driver and even applications such as Photoshop. This age old adage can never be more truer: "If ain't broke...DON'T FIX IT"

Photoshop just uninstall it and reinstall it. Will fix that one. I run Photoshop CS2 and Photoshop CS3 on my Vista SP1. If you have Realtek a new driver was just release.

Photoshop just uninstall it and reinstall it. Will fix that one. I run Photoshop CS2 and Photoshop CS3 on my Vista SP1. If you have Realtek a new driver was just release.

May I ask how you were able to successfully and correctly install Photoshop CS3 after installing Vista SP1 ?

The only thing I'm getting after several PS CS3 reinstalls is this:

Errors 2 Components:
X Adobe Phostoshop CS3
Component Install FAILED

X Shared Components
Component Install FAILED

I'm not having any luck searching for a solution on other sites as well. The last thing I want to do is to reinstall Vista...just so I can install Photoshop CS3

Use CCleaner and remove any left over bits of Photoshop. Either htat or use Revo Uninstaller.

My install of Vista had SP1 already incorporated. I did not have to install it after my Vista was installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom