Vista size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Daemon Poster
I just want a concensus to the size of everyones partition for vista. I am going to dual boot xp pro and vista 64. I made xp 45gb because I will not be putting a lot of info on that partition. I was wondering what you thought a good size for vista will be? I was thinking around 100-120gb. I have many large programs to install like adobe CS3, office 07, etc that take up a lot of space. I want to future proof it for size. What is your take on this?
I have seen some people say 20gb. Do you not put anything on this partition? That seems so small.

20gb... That will fill up incredibly fast... After installing a few programs on my laptop with vista, I have used nearly 40gb...

They only do 20gb because all they put on that partition is Vista. They put programs/data in another partition.

I set 100gb, but then again i have over 2.8TB to use for storage :p Only set a 30gb partition on the gaming rig, but only have a 160gb drive on it to use.

I have 3 partitions on my main drive and only one on the other. My vista is at 50gb as I am only putting the os and several small apps on this drive. All the other apps are on my other separate drive. My problem is that somehow the vista drive keeps filling up and I don't know why. I can't find anything that is adding up to 41gb that it says it is full of. Where could it be?

I know vista works totaly different, a lot of the space is the files shadow copys, i think vista has 3 shadow copys of each file... not really sure...

Ye, I never recommend putting the OS and installed programs in different partitions. That's why I got two drives, the raptor is where I put my OS and installed programs while the Seagate is where I put any documents, music, videos, photos, and downloaded programs.

Ye, I never recommend putting the OS and installed programs in different partitions. That's why I got two drives, the raptor is where I put my OS and installed programs while the Seagate is where I put any documents, music, videos, photos, and downloaded programs.

O/S on it's own partition is a perfectly fine procedure.
used in the business world, used in the home world.

i'd give 20-25 for vista, just cause SP1 and more than likely SP2 in the future....

I would give Vista at least 40GB. The SP1 for Vista takes 16GB to install. it then removes jsut about all of it afterwards but during the install it caches up to 16GB for the install. Having only 25GB wont cut it. You wont be able to install the SP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom