Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) Beta released on 16th July - Completed in November - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 07-11-2007, 04:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
Lord Techie
Send a message via AIM to beedubaya
Default Re: Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) Beta released on 16th July - Completed in November

Originally Posted by mssssee2 View Post
Anyway, I've heard about what google argues before, but who really is going to install google desktop? I had try it in xp and it sucked.
It comes pre-installed on most pre-built desktops and laptops.

Old 07-11-2007, 09:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
True Techie
Send a message via Yahoo to scottjames84
Default Re: Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) Beta released on 16th July - Completed in November

the only problems I had with Vista is the fact that in Media center the video playback would freeze and get out of sync, it would never do that in XP MCE

other issues I have are with the wireless networking locking up and the ethernet locking up aswell but that could be drivers for all I know.

- Raidmax tornado Gaming Case
- Corsair 4GB (2x XMS3 2GB) PC-12800 (1600MHz) XMP DDR3
- Sapphire Radeon 5850
- AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4ghz
- Asus MS226H 21.5"Wide Full HD Monitor
- Logitech G9x gaming mouse
-GA-MA785GMT-UD2H Socket AM3 - AMD 785G/SB710, 4xDDR3-1800OC, ATI HD4200, mATX
- Seagate 1.5TB HD
- Windows 7 Ultimate
Old 07-20-2007, 10:35 AM   #13 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

Microsoft wants you to be informed about the current state of the Windows Vista SP1 beta,

"There will be a Windows Vista service pack and our current expectation is that a beta will be made available sometime this year. Service packs are part of the traditional software lifecycle - they're something we do for all Microsoft products as part of our commitment to continuous improvement, and providing early test builds is a standard practice that helps us incorporate customer feedback and improve the overall quality of the product."

"Service packs are just one example of the work we do to constantly improve the Windows experience. We also deliver improvements to Windows via Windows Update, which is an excellent channel for providing our customers with the most significant updates as they happen. And, since Windows Vista launched, we have continued working with partners to improve overall device coverage and application compatibility. There are now more than 2.1 million supported devices and more than 2,000 logoed applications for Windows Vista. We think customers will have a great experience using Windows Vista today."

"Spread the word to stop misinformation."

News Source: Microsoft ZDNet Blog

Closed Thread