Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) Beta released on 16th July - Completed in November - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 10:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Exclamation Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) Beta released on 16th July - Completed in November

Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) Beta released on 16th July - Completed in November

Let's discuss!!!

Old 07-09-2007, 07:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie

Default Re: Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) Beta released on 16th July - Completed in November

Not worth discussing if it's just a beta

Old 07-11-2007, 11:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to mssssee2 Send a message via Yahoo to mssssee2
Default Re: Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) Beta released on 16th July - Completed in November

Well, it should be discussed more cause it is a beta and all Vista Users should download it in order to evolve its problems in less time. However I consider it should be furter discussed when we'll be testing it.

Old 07-11-2007, 11:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
Neowin.net

does anyone kno what its going to include?
Old 07-11-2007, 12:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
True Techie

Unhappy Re: Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) Beta released on 16th July - Completed in November

Like stopping my internet from locking up every 2 seconds. Thats the only problem I had with vista..
B.S. in Computer Science
Old 07-11-2007, 01:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dio1080 View Post
Like stopping my internet from locking up every 2 seconds. Thats the only problem I had with vista..
Are you sure that isnt a problem with your ethernet drivers that are written for Vista? I have not had a problem at all with my net since i start using Vista Beta 1 back in July of 05.

I think the drivers or your router would be more likely than Vista.

As for the Beta..we dont know what is included yet. They have not said. But i am guessing that there are 2 things included.

1. All the patches and security updates to date.
2. The rewritten search function. This was brought on by the Google thing where they wanted to be added to their lawsuit against M$ from 4 years ago. They claim that with Vista new search function they eliminate competition since the Google Desktop app no longer works correctly within Vista cause of the way it is now incorporated.

Other than that...we will jsut have to wait and see. I have not seen any invites to it or anything along that line on Connect yet. Nor have i heard anything in the newsgroups. Nor have i heard anything from the inside sources that i have.

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 07-11-2007, 01:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to mssssee2 Send a message via Yahoo to mssssee2
Talking Re: Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) Beta released on 16th July - Completed in November

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli213 View Post
Are you sure that isnt a problem with your ethernet drivers that are written for Vista? I have not had a problem at all with my net since i start using Vista Beta 1 back in July of 05.

I think the drivers or your router would be more likely than Vista.

As for the Beta..we dont know what is included yet. They have not said. But i am guessing that there are 2 things included.

1. All the patches and security updates to date.
2. The rewritten search function. This was brought on by the Google thing where they wanted to be added to their lawsuit against M$ from 4 years ago. They claim that with Vista new search function they eliminate competition since the Google Desktop app no longer works correctly within Vista cause of the way it is now incorporated.

Other than that...we will jsut have to wait and see. I have not seen any invites to it or anything along that line on Connect yet. Nor have i heard anything in the newsgroups. Nor have i heard anything from the inside sources that i have.

Anyway, I've heard about what google argues before, but who really is going to install google desktop? I had try it in xp and it sucked.

Old 07-11-2007, 02:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Some people rathre like it. I know i have uninstalled it from my Laptop when it came in with it installed. But Google is making a stink out of it. So M$ is changing their search function to allow other applicaitons to work.

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 07-11-2007, 03:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

I hope they fix the video issue.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Neowin.net

i hear its to include fixes, mostly on the media side. thier don't seem to be many security fixes, which is a plus. also some patches that will fix its power management issues. and hey maybe i can use some of the usb sticks that i own!

Closed Thread