Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) Beta released on 16th July - Completed in November

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it should be discussed more cause it is a beta and all Vista Users should download it in order to evolve its problems in less time. However I consider it should be furter discussed when we'll be testing it.

Like stopping my internet from locking up every 2 seconds. Thats the only problem I had with vista..

Like stopping my internet from locking up every 2 seconds. Thats the only problem I had with vista..

Are you sure that isnt a problem with your ethernet drivers that are written for Vista? I have not had a problem at all with my net since i start using Vista Beta 1 back in July of 05.

I think the drivers or your router would be more likely than Vista.:p

As for the Beta..we dont know what is included yet. They have not said. But i am guessing that there are 2 things included.

1. All the patches and security updates to date.
2. The rewritten search function. This was brought on by the Google thing where they wanted to be added to their lawsuit against M$ from 4 years ago. They claim that with Vista new search function they eliminate competition since the Google Desktop app no longer works correctly within Vista cause of the way it is now incorporated.

Other than that...we will jsut have to wait and see. I have not seen any invites to it or anything along that line on Connect yet. Nor have i heard anything in the newsgroups. Nor have i heard anything from the inside sources that i have.

Are you sure that isnt a problem with your ethernet drivers that are written for Vista? I have not had a problem at all with my net since i start using Vista Beta 1 back in July of 05.

I think the drivers or your router would be more likely than Vista.:p

As for the Beta..we dont know what is included yet. They have not said. But i am guessing that there are 2 things included.

1. All the patches and security updates to date.
2. The rewritten search function. This was brought on by the Google thing where they wanted to be added to their lawsuit against M$ from 4 years ago. They claim that with Vista new search function they eliminate competition since the Google Desktop app no longer works correctly within Vista cause of the way it is now incorporated.

Other than that...we will jsut have to wait and see. I have not seen any invites to it or anything along that line on Connect yet. Nor have i heard anything in the newsgroups. Nor have i heard anything from the inside sources that i have.

Anyway, I've heard about what google argues before, but who really is going to install google desktop? I had try it in xp and it sucked.

Some people rathre like it. I know i have uninstalled it from my Laptop when it came in with it installed. But Google is making a stink out of it. So M$ is changing their search function to allow other applicaitons to work.

i hear its to include fixes, mostly on the media side. thier don't seem to be many security fixes, which is a plus. also some patches that will fix its power management issues. and hey maybe i can use some of the usb sticks that i own!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom