Vista restricting access to program files? (wow patch warning)

Status
Not open for further replies.
UAC is on till you turn that service off. Just disabling it in the Control Panel>Users area doesnt disable that service. Plus some software that installs on Vista requires UAC to be on. I know it sounds strage but i have seen it before.

It could just that there is a registry change or a change to a kernel level access that WoW is requesting which is kicking the UAC prompts. Which is what UAC was designed for. To stop these types of things.

Without knowing or trying it myself i can't say for sure. But the only thing i can say is try to right click on the WoW install and use the Run as Admin command. Eitehr that or use the Compatibility tab with XP SP2 compatibility with Admin rights.

Have to remember that Vista upon install doesnt give you the Admin account like XP does. You are only a Power User with Admin Rights. The Admin account is hidden.

Oh that all makes sense. Admin account is hidden eh? That's weird. And a bit obnoxious. Oh well.
I'll give it a shot, thanks again mak.

And srsly, it's not pink dude... It's lightish red!

Aw come on dude, red vs. blue... anyone? XD

>_>

but in all seriousness did you just google that, or have you had this convo before? hahaha. weiiird.

My friends and I (all WoW players) just hit yes on that thing. It will move your WoW folder to \\Public\Games\World of Warcraft. There is no harm in hitting yes on that prompt, it just moves your WoW folder. Make sure if you try to install addons, model changes, etc. to put them in the NEW WoW folder which would be in the \\Public\Games\World of Warcraft directory instead of the Program Files one. Hope that helps.

Nah, I'd sooner not play than move it to some random folder and throw everything out of order. I guess I've been lookin for a reason to stop payig a subscription to collect bear genitals and crap.

Thanks anyway tho pecans :)

and lol carnage. im curious how you came upon that gqen's spot article. haha.

Nah, I'd sooner not play than move it to some random folder and throw everything out of order. I guess I've been lookin for a reason to stop payig a subscription to collect bear genitals and crap.

Thanks anyway tho pecans :)

and lol carnage. im curious how you came upon that gqen's spot article. haha.

Googled it LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom