Vista registry cleaner ... for freeze or hang up,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah your system isnt that great. 2GB of RAM on Vista is like bare minimal. That is what most people recommend for the lowest possible for just minimal usage. Your trying to push the machine like it was a power house. If you had XP or Win7 then the 2GB of RAM would be far better used. But not with Vista.

Plus why dont you have SP2 installed yet? Dont you like having a secure system?

Yeah your system isnt made to do what your doing. That is why it is slowing down.

I agree with Ksod, I have a similar system for a laptop, seems OK with vista, and nothing going on it, but once you start plugging away, it's sluggish. I would look into upgrading to win7 if I was you.

Just throwing out another option, a capacitor(s) could also be bad on the motherboard. Usually if it is a capacitor though it is froze indefinitely until you perform a hard reset (IE: Hold power button). Examine your motherboard for a capacitor that appears to be bulged or leaking. Here is a picture to help show you what bad ones appear to look like.
2010-06-22_104637_Caps_Bulged.jpg

Keep in mind that sometime there is a yellowish substance that can appear on top. Hope I've helped.

I'm going to go with Corrosive and say getting Windows 7 would greatly help you since it's much more frugal with resources. Some ram couldn't hurt, if possible, either.

My brother has a similar system just his has 3gb of ram and his 2160 is OC'd to 2.4 but even at 1.8 it is a very capable machine on Win7 even without the GFX card so just my 2 cents.

Thanks, what/where is the best way to get the SP2 ?
What will this do for me ?

p.s. what are the options for getting Win7 ?

Get it from Windows Update. It has been out for 2 years now. It has been available for 23 months on Windows update. It will secure your system and give you the thousand bug fixes that were brought out with the Service Pack and allow you to install the newer updates that have come out since then. You havent been doing your updates and that can also account for your problems as well. Whats the point of running a PC if you dont keep it up to date? You just leave yourself wide open to hackers then. Might as well walk around with a T-Shirt on with your personal information for everyone to steal it.

The options for getting Win7 are the same as they are for getting any other version of Windows. Upgrade or reinstall it fresh. Read the Win7 FAQ thread and the material offered by Microsoft to know the difference between Vista and Win7. There is more than enough information available to be able for you to determine if the move is right for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom