Vista Recovery CDs - Can't I install on a specific partition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
It gives me 3 options. Each one when I hit next it says "Note: This will delete all partitions and remove all data!"

I use Ubuntu primarily, but I like having Vista around. It just kind of bums me out if I have to format Ubuntu every time I need to reinstall Vista.

Vista Home Premium 32 bit.

Are these the manufacturer's recovery CD's?

Can always find a normal OEM Vista disc on the torrents if you wanna just do it that way.

If you're using the GRUB loader it should let you install Vista but not allow it to see any other operating system.

Yeah these are recovery CDs that came with the computer.

I just don't get why I don't have the choice to install it. It just simply says, okay! Let's install Vista! OH PS EVERYTHING GETS DELETED LOL NO OPTIONS LOL

It's Home Premium 32 bit. Could I just torrent Home Premium 32 bit, like a regular retail version, and use the CD key that came with my OEM version? Would that work?

Yes and No. Cause you would have to find a OEM Home Premium. The Retail serials are different than the OEM Serials.

Like I stated earlier, search up the torrents for an OEM Home Premium disc, or find somebody near you that you can borrow one from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom