Hello Guys .
I am new around here today . Hope this has not been asked .
As you all know Vista is coming out now i want the Areo Version and am looking for a notebook that would be "Windows Vista Capable" .
I know Dell have stated there range that are Vista Ready . But due to reasons i am not going with Dell this time .
The Reqirements are here :
and here... if you dont want to click the link :
A Windows Vista Premium Ready PC includes at least:
* 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor 1.
* 1 GB of system memory.
* A graphics processor that runs Windows Aero 2.
* 128 MB of graphics memory.
* 40 GB of hard drive capacity with 15 GB free space.
* DVD-ROM Drive 3.
* Audio output capability.
* Internet access capability.
and in more detail .... footnotes
Windows Vista Capable and Premium Ready footnotes
* Processor speed is specified as the nominal operational processor frequency for the device. Some processors have power management which allows the processor to run at lower rate to save power.
* Windows Aero requires:
o DirectX 9 class graphics processor that:
+ Supports a WDDM Driver.
+ Supports Pixel Shader 2.0 in hardware.
+ Supports 32 bits per pixel.
o Adequate graphics memory.
+ 64 MB of graphics memory to support a single monitor less than 1,310,720 pixels
+ 128 MB of graphics memory to support a single monitor at resolutions from 1,310,720 to 2,304,000 pixels
+ 256 MB of graphics memory to support a single monitor at resolutions higher than 2,304,000 pixels
+ Meets graphics memory bandwidth requirements, as assessed by Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor running on Windows XP
* A DVD-ROM may be external (not integral, not built into the system).
If anybody could list me as many notebooks as they can find that are
Vista Capable i would be greatful . Just to remind you i dont want the basic Vista i want the above requirements for the Areo . I am not a Tech specs guy so i do not understand what notebooks would support Areo .
Thanks so much
Ben Kerin .