Vista Problems - Surprising? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 11:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Vista Problems - Surprising?

I am dual booting Vista and XP on my pc with vista on a 13.5GB partition. Everything installed fine and vista starts up and looks great but every few times i start it up it runs chkdsk, which subsequently undoes all the hard work i put into installing my usb drivers for my modem etc.

While logged in to Vista i keep getting exclamation mark in yellow triangle alert in the system tray saying _____ corrupt file - disk structure is corrupt and unreadable. Please run ChkDsk on V: (the partition i have vista installed on).

Obviously this answers the question of why chkdsk keeps running on startup but what id like to know is why all the corrupt disk errors and if theres anything i could do to prevent this from occuring.

Cheers

Damo

Old 09-07-2007, 08:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Default Re: Vista Problems - Surprising?

I would say because you didnt follow the requirements and put Vista on a drive of 20GB with at least 15GB free as REQUIRED.

Windows Vista: Recommended System Requirements

So yes it would say corrupt. Cause it cant save anything since there isnt enough romm as M$ required there to be.

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 09-07-2007, 12:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli213 View Post
I would say because you didnt follow the requirements and put Vista on a drive of 20GB with at least 15GB free as REQUIRED.

Windows Vista: Recommended System Requirements

So yes it would say corrupt. Cause it cant save anything since there isnt enough romm as M$ required there to be.
good answer but ive tried it again this time on a 39GB partition and the same thing inevitably happens resulting in vista failing to boot and when booting xp and chkdsk begins it just says "inserting index file into index $0 in file 25" over and over and over again as if its trying to do it and then failing. its frustrating as before all the chkdsk malarcy begins everything works fantastic, all my hardware installs spot on and its a stunning OS. Cheers for your feedback mate but i wonder if u can offer any more support given this further info. also you are an admin on silverpass are u not? :P

x
Old 09-07-2007, 04:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

No i am not the same person. I have never heard of silverpass. The only other thing i would suggest. Get a HDD tool. Check your HDD and see what they think the life expectency is. Cause if you keep getting chkdsk errors it could be that your drive is starting to fail. Also are you using legit drivers or did you have to force a couple thru other means. It could be that by focing the drivers you have corrupted some system files.

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Closed Thread