vista problems with cs:s - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 07:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

k so sorry that the grammar and everything in this thread is bad, but im in a rush

also my mouse seems to feel really funny in game, ive tried to install the drivers (my mouse is a centrios x7) and it says the installation is complete and everything but i dont get a control panel in my system bar like i did in XP. is this because the drivers arent vista compatible? and if so is there any way to fix the mouse acceleration in my game that you guys know of, other than the launch options: -noforce and the CPL mousefix

thanks a bunch

update:

its not just my mouse, its like everything i do in game happens like .3 seconds after i do it physically

i dont understand

super duper need help here, please gimme a hand

please help

Old 09-10-2008, 08:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via MSN to S0ULphIRE
Default Re: vista problems with cs:s

Have you tried re-installing counter strike?

"As a result of all this hardship, dirt, thirst, and wombats, you would expect Australians to be a sour lot. Instead, they are genial, jolly, cheerful, and always willing to share a kind word with a stranger, unless they are an American." -- Douglas Adams
Old 09-10-2008, 08:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to Lexluethar

What are your computer specs. YOu could possibly be trying to run Vista (or too many apps) on a machine that can't handle it, therefor equating to your lag. Kill all unecessary apps and environmental things in Vista - see if that helps.

You know you always could just think .3 seconds faster OR know what someone is going to do before you do it.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

First and foremost. DO NOT MULTIPOST!!!

Posting with in 5 minutes of yoruself is a good way to get banned for spamming. Not every person is on this site looking at your post. If you are in such a rush call Steam support. Till then give 24 hours before bumping your own topic. Common courtesy.

This is your 1 and ONLY warning on that matter.

If the drivers are not Vista compatible there is NOTHING you can do. Get driver that are for your OS or dont use the options for the mouse.

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 09-11-2008, 12:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

anticipatez your enemiez in css .3 secondz ahead of time and then you willz be ablez to pwnz all the dudez in tha serverz.