Vista Problem... 'Ghost' folders??

Status
Not open for further replies.

StillwaterIT

In Runtime
So I got a legit copy of the MSDN Vista (I have a inside friend now who hooked me up with that and office 2007, I love being in industy now), and it works GREAT, except for one thing...

Scenario:

I use mIRC some, and a buddy sent a couple .zip files over, that went to the 'c:\program files\mIRC\download' folder. I just clicked the default 'Open' button on the file transfer dialog box, and the file opened, I got what I needed out of it, and everything was fine. I closed mIRC for the night and went to bed.

This morning I directed myself over to 'c:\program files\mIRC' via explorer, and I couldn't find the 'download' folder. Wierd. I opened up WinRar, which defaults to the last file you opened, and guess where it puts me... at the 'c:\program files\mIRC\download' folder. I go up one level to the 'c:\program files\mIRC' folder in WinRAR, and I see 5-6 folders and 11 files. However in explorer, I only see 1 folder and 11 files. So I think, these must be hidden, so I manually type in 'c:\program files\mIRC\download' in explorer, and it says the directory doesn't exist, but obviously it does because I can see it, along with many other folders, in WinRAR. I go to the command prompt, and I STILL can't see/open the folders that are accessible to WinRAR.

What the **** is going on? Explorer tells me the folder doesn't exist, but WinRAR is able to open things out of it. Any ideas?

Ahh, I just figured it out... it's in 'Virtual Store', since Vista doesn't allow storing of extra data in the 'program files' folder, however it is mapped to the correct location for program compatibility, if that makes sense. This is kind of a cool idea, but sheesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom