Vista is probably not the best choice for us....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makaveli213 said:
Huh? Sorry Snake Eyes but you are a bit off. To get OS X you have to pay for everything. You cant build a system and buy it seperate.

That's what i was saying. The wording could have been misleading, admittedly, but i know you can't build a Mac and buy OSX separate.

As with Windows you pay for the system. Granted it can be more expesive than a Apple PC but over time you can swap out parts. Then when a new OS comes out just buy it and install it.

When you swap parts out, it makes it more expensive. When you swap out a motherboard, you have to reinstall, and say this is the third time you're doing it, you have to get a new serial (if you registered the key with MS).

With XP being the only major OS for 5 years there was little $$ to be spent elsewhere but on upgrades. As where Apple PC' s you have had to buy new systems to upgrade along with the cost of the OS upgrade.

Admitted, there has been quite the space between XP and Vista, if you swap out parts enough, and reinstall XP enough (legally, would be twice) then you've spent more than the Mac, plus you've got a copy or two of XP that you can't use. Although, i guess Mac is at a disadvantage here because when you upgrade, you now have two Macs. So Mac loses here. Not too bad, because you can recycle them or let one of your friends use it. Or make it useful (think creatively, i'm sure you can :D).

Does vista`s windows repair get around having to re install the OS. Even if replacing a motherboard or other parts, wouldn't a repair possibly work without having the problem of maybe losing 1 use of the serial key.

going by Makaveli213's description, Vista assumes the user is a moron.

DX10 sounds nice, new memory management sounds nice, but not worth $500 to me.

I believe in copyright & getting paid for your work but the 2 upgrade rule is ridiculous.

baronvongogo said:
Well now I have a computer technician job I have to say assuming the user is a moron is actually sensible as Iv found most of them are :).

thats an understatement. Im taking a computer course at my College and almost everyone is totaly computer illiterate. Its freakin anoying.

Now onto more pressing matters. I wholeheartedly agree with everyone that the fact you can only install Vista twice (legaly) is god danm stupid. Are they that conserned with making money that they would have to make the user pay extra to install a third time. What about after that is the user going to have to pay more and more for each format. I myself in my younger days used to format my computers like crazy. Each and everytime I would then just re-install windows either it being 95, 98, Me, 2000, or XP. They all were mostly fine, but really from what I have read nad heard from others not just on this site but from some people (cousins mainly) who work as programers for MS. This is totaly unthinkable.

Now that my rant is aside I apologize (for the rant) But the next windows is predicted to come out in 5-6 years from now. We can always wait to see what that one is like.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom