Vista not booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinscher

Fully Optimized
I have two WD 150GB raptors, one with XP MCE, and one with Vista Home Premium. For some reason (which I hope to discover) Vista will no longer boot. It gets to the loading screen and then it flashes the BSOD and restarts. I tried using Windows repair and it said it could not automatically repair the error. I looked through the log file a bit and it said the root cause was that a patch was stopping it from booting. There is nothing wrong with the drive because I can still access all of the files on it through XP, I just can't boot into Vista.

I can get any information you will need to help me if you can. Thanks alot.

It would help if you gave us the error code your getting.

Could be a driver problem...I was getting a BSOD every time I logged onto any account. It turned out to be the video card driver. See if you can boot into safe mode.

Ok here is the stop code I got from the BSOD.

Stop: 0x0000007B (0x80604BA0, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I have two WD 150GB raptors, one with XP MCE, and one with Vista Home Premium. For some reason (which I hope to discover) Vista will no longer boot. It gets to the loading screen and then it flashes the BSOD and restarts. I tried using Windows repair and it said it could not automatically repair the error. I looked through the log file a bit and it said the root cause was that a patch was stopping it from booting. There is nothing wrong with the drive because I can still access all of the files on it through XP, I just can't boot into Vista.

I can get any information you will need to help me if you can. Thanks alot.
Okay what Patch? You say when you check for a error log there was a patch stopping it from booting. So either you patched a file or was doing windows updates and one of those affected your boot.

Since i have every windows update with my Vista Ultimate installed including SP1, it doesnt seem like that is the problem. So i would guess that it is some other patch that is affecting this. So as soon as you give us a idea what that patch is we can help.

7B sounds like a inaccessable boot device. Was the the error it gave?

About the patch thing, I have no idea what it is talking about. That's just what windows repair said.

It didn't give me an error, it just gave me that code and thats it. The rest was just that nonsense about an error occuring and windows shutting down to prevent harm to your computer blah blah blah.

=/ i really dont feel like doing that but it may be my only option it seems

Thats all it gave me. I will try to boot it again and I'll tell you what it gives me

UPDATE: I rebooted and I got that same error code. That is the only code I got, and it is every number and letter of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom