Vista No Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bmarts

Beta member
This seems to be a problem unique to me...

I have an Inspiron 1525 with Vista 64bit Home Premium, and I very recently overcame the Black Screen of Death or "KSOD". I traced the KSOD back to a startup program made by Microsoft. I quickly disabled the program (Multimedia Class Scheduler) only to find that audio is dependent upon this program.

If I turn this program on my computer will boot the Black Screen and if I leave it disabled I don't have sound.

All I want to do is...

1) Reinstall the Multimedia Class Scheduler
2) Repair the Multimedia Class Scheduler
3) Figure out some sort of Bug Fix (I have an email out to Microsoft on this Bug)

Dell keeps trying to send me to Dell on Call and Microsoft isn't any help.

Oh yeah, I'm 90% this happened through a windows update

I just recently downloaded all the necessary drivers for my comp and i tried reinstalling sigmatel and intel audio drivers with no luck.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance:D

no, when i tried to do that a message popped up saying the system restore point was corrupted and then all restore points disappeared

thanks anyways

Hi, I desperately need help with this problem because Dell Chat has been a pain in the butt and Microsoft keeps telling me to talk to Dell, who keeps telling me to use dell on call.

but it should be a simple solution...

Ive been on Dell Chat 5 or 6 times with the same problem...No luck.

You have to either use a Restore Point to before you got the KSoD or figure out what really caused the KSoD. You can not start the service or it happens again and you cant get sound without the service.

So there is no real solution. It is just a circle. Find out what the underlying cause was for the KSoD. Jsut because disabling that service got you back to the desktop doesnt mean that is the faulty service. It could be the drivers themselves that cause it and by disabling that service and therefor the sound, you fixed. It could be the Microphone. It could be the "What you hear" aspect.

So your only option is to try and use something like Driver Sweeper to remove all traces of the driver, then restart the service and see what happens.

thanks for your input. ill try reinstalling the audio, webcam, and microphone drivers.

ill keep you posted on the results.

EDIT:

I deleted myy Sigmatel Audio/ Microphone Driver, Quickset Driver, and Webcam Driver then reinstalled each of them and now the computer is running fine with sound!

Thanks Mak! and Congrats on solving a problem that Five Dell Reps and Two Microsoft Reps couldnt solve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom