Vista Mouse Not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComputerBug

Beta member
the mouse on my computer with vista 32 ultimate has stopped working, all there is is a pointer in the middle of the screen when its booted, using a USB wireless mouse but also tried other mice including a Wired PS2 (Rebooted)

Even tried using Mouse Keys in the accessabilities options, the pointer just wont move. Was ok, until I booted up the other day. So not sure if it was after an update or anything

Help

yes, first thing I did was tried batteries, anyway, the little light on the mouse receiver is flashing whenever i Move it or press a button so it is transmitting data,

and no, its not working in safe mode, second thing I tried!

Its just as if the mouse is not communicating at all with the mouse pointer!

I know, i read but it still doesn't hurt to ask.

Try another USB port, perhaps the one you are using is dead. Try another USB controller (like the front) if that doesn't work. I know that doesn't explain why the PS2 mouse didn't work...

Sounds like Windows lost the drivers for the device and doesnt have drivers for the PS/2 Adapter.

I would try a Restore Point from before this started to happen.

I have tried the last restore point, with a report, no changes were made

one thing is I tried to download the manufactures driver in the hope that it would overwrite any bad drivers. But alas, there is no driver yet for vista for my mouse. it says use windows generic drivers!

If the windows driver is corrupt, How would I updat them?

You would have to use the keyboard to navigate your system and get to the Device Manager and uninstall all the mouse drivers present. From there you would have to restart the system and then install or see if Windows will install the proper drivers.

You should also try a Restore point before the one you tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom