Vista...a Joke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante_Caligari

In Runtime
I have looked a bit at articles and screens of Windows Vista, and personally, from what I have seen, I am dissapointed.

Basically all the hype that I have heard is that there are going to be transparent menus, [:rolleyes:], no start button, and the so called "better security." (We all know how well Microsoft does security.)
Aero glass is making the transparent window hype, but it is making me mad! It is going to require a capable video card, and most likely chew up system resources.

So what is the deal? I REALLY don't think that I am going to upgrade to Vista when it comes out. I don't understand why Microsoft would put so much energy and so much money into something that is not really revolutionary, especially when, at this point, they need it.

What do you think?

saw a test demonstration of vista, the machine they were runnig the Beta build on was Athlon64 1gig ram and Geforce 7800Gt and it was crawling! minimum recs- 2.8ghz intel (2ghz amd) 1gig ram 128md vid card DX9 capable DX10 reomended. OMG! thats outrageous!

I wouldnt upgrade to Vista for a long time either. Theres no point, there will be soooo many problems with it in the first year or so. Ill just stick to XP until they have bought out some fixes to Vista cos theres bound to be things that need patching.

Lol, I bet in about a year or two, every single person on this forum with a capable computer will be running Vista. I don't see many people using 2k now either.
And the minimum specs are/will not (be) 2GHz+ or anything close to it.

Everyone probably will be using it in about a year or two. i was just saying that i wont be buying it anytime near its release date.

"Microsoft innovation" is an oxymoron. Seriously, if those requirements are correct zmatt, that is absurd.

I like what Mentali$T said as well, and this is another thing that really irks me. He is saying that he has to wait for all the bugs that WILL be in Vista, and in time for all the "Service Packs."
This is not progress.

I bet if everyone went back to XP version as it was very first released so with no updates or anything they would have major problems with a lot of things. This is just going to be the same for Vista.

Yeah of course, it will be better, only as soon as they get all there updates out for problems with it.

TheMajor said:
Lol, I bet in about a year or two, every single person on this forum with a capable computer will be running Vista. I don't see many people using 2k now either.
And the minimum specs are/will not (be) 2GHz+ or anything close to it.

I agree. While I still use Windows 2000 (no problems and haven't seen any reason to upgrade to XP) I agree that once Vista does come out, everyone will start using it. And yea, the min reqs are nowhere near Athlon 64 3200+, 1GB RAM, and a 7800GT. More like Sempron 64 2400+, 512MB RAM, and Radeon 9600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom