Vista Install Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vista has native SATA support so you don't need to install any 'extra' drivers.

Bad DVD drive? If you can't install other OS's I would venture to say either the DVD drive is bad or your hard drive is bad/not connected properly.

Run a scandisk utility at startup on the drive in question - there are a few out there that you can boot up with a CD.

I thought it might be the dvd drive; but it seems to load everything fine until a certain point. Thought it was a bad hard disk; so I went out and bought an extra one to try and hooked it up and got the same problem. I went through the case and made sure that everything was hooked up. I even pulled every cable out and checked it by hand to make sure it looked alright then hooked it all back up. I have a dvd drive from another computer I will try. This is my first build on my own so if anyone has any ideas of something common I may have missed I am open to every suggestion.

I really have a new appreciation for building a pc, seeing this thing put together is true art!

1.jpg

Here is a pic of where I can't get passed on the install. I tried another DVD drive, still just gets to the same spot. Will look into running a scandisk.

I was able to install vista 32bit; but again after trying to install vista 64bit, still having the same problem. Would you guess it's the disk? I checked it and see no scratches or any marks on it.

Ok it was the dvd; I went and borrowed a friends 64bit dvd and it installed fine. Anyway thanks for all the help and advice!

The reason i asked if it was the DVD was to determine if it was the DVD. In this case it was.

Glad you got it sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom