VISTA help with pagefile.sys

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoomie999

Beta member
hi geekz,

i've been using vista for nearly three weeks now, i noticed that my pagefile.sys size is 2 GB and i had turned off it in my XP earlier But, in vista i fear whether my 2GB RAM would enough for all its glory (esp. Aero) without any glitches ... Also i wanna know , how this paging file actually works , when it is turned off and on.... please help me on this...

My System spec:

Proc : Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 (1.86*2) 2MB L2 Cache
MoBo : ASUS 945G with 7.1 Audio and LGA775 socket and 2 DIMM DDR2-667 slots
Disp : Nvidia 7600GT 256MB GDDR3 MB RAM with Shader Model 3.0
RAM : Transcend 2GB 667MHZ RAM (2 single 1GB RAMs)
HDD : Seagate SATA2 500 GB HDD(2 * 250GB HDD)
Audio: Altec Lansing MX5021 2.1 with THX certification & 90 watts

More Vista Page File Questions

Some additional questions about the Page File in Vista...

I have a new (Home Premium) system with 2GB RAM and two SATA II hard drives. I want to create a new partition for the page file (swap file), but I'm not sure of the best way to do it. I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts on the following:

How large should the swap file be (where min=max)?

Should I split it, putting half in a clean partition on the system disk and half in a clean partition on the non-system disk, or should I put the whole thing in a partition on the non-system disk?

Does the partition itself have to be significantly larger than the max page file size or how much larger should it be?

[This one's a little more tricky, but if anyone knows...if I set up a dual-boot system (with XP on the second drive) can Vista and XP share the same swap file?]

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom