Vista Help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital_Jedi

In Runtime
I had to reinstall vista after trying to install Alcohol 120... Vista kept crashing so to fix it, I just re-installed vista. I put in the Wondows Disk, booted from the disk and installed Vista. Now every time I restart, it gives me a boot disk error... I put in the disk, windows loads up and everything works fine. I take the Disk out after it asks me to put it in. and windows still works... How can I fix this annoying problem??

So I tried using the EasysCD thing but nothing worked... I went through the three things they have listed. I also booted tfor the CD and selected the Startup repair but it said nothing was wrong.

So Everytime I restart it gives me, after the BIOS screen, "Pen Drive Without Operationg System. Rename Pen Drive and reboot. System boot disc error, please insert the system disc and press enter." So I put in my Vista DVD and press enter, then it restarts and i get the BIOS screen, the it says press any key to boot from cd... if I leave it, it goes to desktop and windows works normaly... when I did the reinstall, it made a file called windows.old... it has the pervious vista plus all of the files that were on my C: drive.

Yes the Windows.old file will do that if you dont format. Did you have a USB Thumb Drive in use when you isntalled? Could be that it consideres that your boot device which is why it is giving you such grief.

When in Vista go Start>right click Computer>manage>Disk Management. Post up a screenshot.

So if I delete the windows.old file... will that fix things?? I had a flash drive in running ready boost before the crash... it is still plugged in... I had to go to work so a screen shot I can't provide until 5:00pm ish CST.

Well it could be that the flash drive is being recognized as the boot device which is causing the conflict. Until i see the pic i cant tell you for sure.

But deleting the windows.old folder wont fix the issue.

I'll try removing the flash drive... as soon as I can I'll post a screenshot... should aobut 45 min. from now.

Thanks for the help... it was the flash drive.... I feel dumb now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom