Vista really doesn't have good drivers for DirectX 9 cards. Well, not Vista, but the card manu. don't have good drivers. My ATi acted up with 7.2 drivers and 7.1 drivers, sometimes objects in-game flash a second black.
I find it to be no problem with gaming. Of course, making the switch to Vista I also added 2 more gigs of RAM to my computer so I think its blazing fast. I played C&C3 Demo, game runs great, BF2 runs great; never shuts down or anything, just the rare graphic glitch for a second or two. Those are really the only games I've tried so far.
3DMark FireStrike Ultra: 4,266
3DMark FireStrike: 12,043
- Intel Core i7 920 Overclocked 3.2Ghz - Megahalem Cooler
- eVGA E758-A1 X58 Intel LGA 1366 Motherboard
- Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM
- MSI Armor OC 8GB GeForce® GTX 1070
- eVGA 650W G2 Modular Power Supply
- Thermaltake Armor+ Full Tower Case
- Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD
- Corsair Force LE 250GB SSD
- OCZ Vertex 30GB SSD