Not open for further replies.

joy83

Solid State Member
I have a Dell E521 with the following specs

AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core 3800+
2GB DDR2 RAM(512 x 4)
Nvidia Geforce 7600 GT 256 MB GDDR3 Video memory
160 GB Hard Drive

I am wondering if I should install Vista and play all my games or should I stick to XP for now. I was wondering because vista has directx 10 so the games might look better but i am not so sure.

I have heard Vista does not have good drivers for Dx9 cards.

Vista really doesn't have good drivers for DirectX 9 cards. Well, not Vista, but the card manu. don't have good drivers. My ATi acted up with 7.2 drivers and 7.1 drivers, sometimes objects in-game flash a second black.

I find it to be no problem with gaming. Of course, making the switch to Vista I also added 2 more gigs of RAM to my computer so I think its blazing fast. I played C&C3 Demo, game runs great, BF2 runs great; never shuts down or anything, just the rare graphic glitch for a second or two. Those are really the only games I've tried so far.

Hi well,
could you tell me which game you want to play? If your game is desined by huge graphics means sure Vista is looking good,
I hope Vista Provide Good Graphics than XP,They are focusing Higher Graphics also your system is ok for Vista requirement..So I feel sure you get better result..
Regards

Stick to XP for gaming for the time being. Everybody will want to make the jump to Vista eventually, but that time is not now because most manufacturers have none or limited support for Vista.

You will see no difference in a dx9 game using a operating system with dx10. 1, because you don't have a dx10 card. And 2, it is dx9 so it wouldn't change anyway if you had the dx10 card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom