Is Vista Full of Bugs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
do bears crap in the woods? its a new OS, of course its full of bugs - just like XP was before its service packs (few hundred patches).

Yhea Vista has some bug's at the moment, but MS and other companies are fixing them.

Well lets see!

It is estimated that any new program from Microsoft or anyone for that matter has at least one error for every 50 lines of code, so Vista probably has well over 1/2 a billion lines of code. You tell us. Does it have bugs?

Vista has bugs yes but nothing like XP. Mr.Coffee is way off on that one. Vista has had at MOST 5 Important updates in 6 months. It has had about 20 Recommended updates. A VERY BIG difference than XP that had 50 Important updates and 200 Recommended.

Vista does have some bugs but they are few that affect most everyday users. The major one is the System Restore. But Vista comes with its own backup feature so you can use that instead of Restore. So there is your fix. Other than that the bugs affect more business, programmers, and developers than any of us using it as a Home OS.

well I was only speaking generally, I haven't even used Vista yet so yeah, maybe it is less buggy on release than XP was. Still I would find it hard to believe that Vista is currently as stable, supported, and bug free as XP is now (relatively speaking).

You are correct that Vista isnt as supported. But it is stable and as bug free as XP is right now. Actually there are still more hotfixes being released for XP than Vista every month thru Windows Update.

The only downside of Vista is that since it is coded totally different that many software and game developers are slow to get applications and games converted to Vista.

Till they get things Vista compatable XP will still lead in the support group. But overall Vista has been more stable and has less bugs to date than XP has. Even since Janurary when it was released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom