Vista Freezing Up / BSOD's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont wanna jinx it, but so far so good. Turned Aero back on with 169.25 and it hasnt froze up yet. I have Aero on because I play in Windowed mode, talking on MSN at the same time, having Firefox up, etc. And Im starting to dual box on a single machine (playing two accounts at the same time) so it helps to have two open ;) But youre right, I probably should have mentioned WoW was running. My mistake :eek:

I can understand the whole windowed thing. But honestly Aero is jsut a effect. It would jsut be advised to turn it off while you play the game. Then you can turn it back on when you are done. Yes it may not make your IM windows look all pretty and blurry. But you are better off leaving Aero off while playing to prevent issues like this.

It was working perfectly, then I got a DRIVER_IRQL bluescreen, which blamed Memory_corruption as the error. Fack. So now after restarting I get little freezes every five seconds that last about seconds. However, I dont get the driver error after it comes back. Guess Ill have to wait for a patch.

And I switched to Vista for the Aero theme, being able to hover over windows and preview whats going on. Guess Im going to have to disable that when Im playing the game, but its a shame. Any idea on why SP1 failed?

EDIT And of course, once I post, the errors start happening again. Bye bye Aero :(

Well, thanks for all your help man! I finally got so fed up of the errors, I reverted to XP. Multitasking is a huge huge thing for me, so if I cant be running two copies of the game in the background while browsing the internet and learning C#, Im not happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom