Vista: format time already

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcyphure

Baseband Member
installed vista ultimate retail (full) exactly 7 days ago on
e6600/2gddr2/2g readyboost/7900gtx

update installed all drivers, no beta's that i could tell or has told me, it ran perfect and loved it, games ran great...etc
no 3rd party software

as i first typed this i got a bsod.

checked event viewer..what a pos this thing turned out to be after only 7 days.

critical errors: 1 (last sleep transistion was unsuccesful)
errors: 79 (range from system restore failure/windows servicing failure/ 15 shadow copy failiars,
audit failurs: 50
not sure what caused bsod

photo screensaver stopped working and i get error messages, 2 different gadgets causes sidebar to quit saying it tried to change kernal or something
sleep mode sometimes wakes itself when i'm not home or late at night, or ocmputer wont wake from it causing me to reboot.
several system startup crashes
seems like it needs a complete format allready...windows 98/xp flashbacks

i mean i expected it to be buggy, but it wasnt till now and i didnt change anyting in 3 or 4 days, it just suddenly happend like it would in 98 or xp....what a pos

do a repair. put in the vista disk. boot the cd on startup and bottom left corner there's a repair button. help me out a lot. i have home premium.

just a suggestion. (i cant spell)

I can almost guarentee you that the nVidia driver for your 7900 is most of the problem. Along with your audio driver being the other part.

No one has come out with non-buggy drivers for Vista yet. If you have upgraded any of your drivers or installed any that is the start.

Also i dont know what else you have done. I installed Vista back in Nov when i got it from MSDN. I have yet to format. My longest streak for running is over 15 days.

I to have been using vista for 6 days now I think with no issues like that. Im getting another edition tomorrow, business.

seems if it was driver, i wouldve seen it earlier during the period i was making changes or playing games alot

this happend the last 2 days when i literally did nothing more than read through some forums and email. it suddenly lost stability making me think i'll be reformatting as often as i did in xp.

first the sleep mode was quirky, photo's screensaver quit working, gadgets stopped, then sudden bsod

still plays games perfectly, no glitches or nothing, i cant see a driver making only the photo screensaver stop working or 2 particular gadgets, benchmarked heavily today for stress tests, everything else still running good atm. so if i could just fix the phot ss and reason why 2 gadgets are trying changing kernal code causing the error

talldude123 said:
That's Vista for you, still in BETA stage. Wait for a service pack before jumping into it.

Now it's not. It's offically released and supported.

That's why there are advertisements and they are selling it.

It is NOT a beta anymore.

i agree, everything new is buggy, even hardware stuff, look at the consoles for example.

however i didnt expect "bugs" to be non existant for days of "toying" then suddenly be disabling without reasoning

i havent had that problem. i have a 7900gs and it works fnie so its not the video driver. there maybe some part of your motherboard that may be giving trouble. for example the NV firewall on Nforce4 mobos always gave me headaches in XP.

i dont have nv mobo, i guarantee if ireinstalled it would work ok but i'm sure if its anything like xp it would be something else in a week or so.

still cant get pc to come on after sleep mode and it used to work perfectly.
the photo ss seems permantely flawed less i reinstall and i cant firgure out why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom