Vista file sharing problems, lose access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. LL

In Runtime
Does anyone know why Vista security gets messed up when running the built in CD burning tool and after doing a scan disk?

I have a system that shares 3 folders with one other XP machine and I have noticed after backing up the folders on Vista or doing a full scan disk I have to remove the two user accounts and reapply them before they can access the folders again.

Very weird, I hope there is a way to fix this but it seems like file sharing isn't as good on the new OS as it was on the old OS, doesn't make sense.

It isnt that. It sounds as if you have not gave the other user accounts full access to those files. By default Vista only allows for a read access. So after you back tehm up it sees that there is a change to the files and the network has to be re applied before the network can see the chagnes.

At least that is what i am getting out of it. I share sever files and folder and even a drive. I have never come across this when i give those other PS's on teh network full acess.

It's weird because the two user accounts have been added to the ACL of the shares and given full access.

Double check and make sure that the user account are granted full access. If that still doesnt do it see if you can have the users added to the ownership controls of the files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom