Vista features

Status
Not open for further replies.

snypercore

Daemon Poster
anyone here find some of vista features really pointless or annoying not to mention system hogging? i find the following features after about 30 mins of use

the user managment pop ups such as "wndows is trying to opne...allow/deny" at every single exe run

most exe's have to be run by selectin "run as administrator"

the RAM eating sidebar which mayyyyyybe when new gadgets are added could become useful, PS i do know you can turn it off

the GUI in all i find pretty "extra" XP was user friendly while remaining simple but i find vista to .... "optiony?". i think the GUI looks very nice but i just hate it and i hate what they have done to our beloved start menu.

i was excited while vista was installing and the reason for the flaming is i was jsut so dissapointed, seems all it wil lbe good for at the moment is DX10.

lol one more whine if i may...on the taskbar when you have windows minimized if you right click one the X-close button it right at the bottom for convineince and vista has moved it up a notch or a few :-(, now im done anyone else have any thing to say on thier vista experience? good or bad

1. The program messages do annoy me. To install a program, you have to select "Run as Admin". Yes, it ****es me off. That's why I'm not being crazy going for XP, I won't touch it until 2008. I agree that it's a memory hog, even with 1.5GB of RAM, it was using 1GB with one user, I always had to log off when somebody else wanted to use the computer.

2. I don't like the new GUI, I don't care about the glass effect, I really like having more performance and using the "2000" look.

3. I must say, I do like the "live" Windows when you are highlighting a window in the taskbar, but again, just another useless memory hogging feature.

yeah i agree also CRTL+ALT+DEL doesnt go straight to task manager, but a pro i found is windows has built in voice recognition like dragon naturally speaking which is handy for my coursework even thoguh i have dragon.

lol but i have seen a pretty funny videon when the system was in BETA stages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom