Vista displays darker images?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joowan

In Runtime
i didnt think this was much of a problem, but everytime i open an image in windows image viewer, the image appears alot darker than it really is, and has a beige tint to it, i ignored it because it didnt do anything to the images itself. but i just installed photoshop CS3 and its loading images like that,with the beige tint to it. does anyone know a fix to that?

Yeah uninstall CS3. Either that or get a updated GFX driver. I have not come across anythign like this so it haes got to be a driver issue in there.

Then either your display is dying or your drivers are not up to date. There is something there that is affecting them. I check out the same image on over 10 PC's all running Vista and have never come across anything like this. So my best suggestion is to try and see if there is a update GFX driver or to try out a different monitor and see if it continues.

If it does then there is something else underlying that is wrong with your system.

i doubt its the monitor, my drivers are currently updated, i attached a picture of what is going on, the image on the left is displayed in IE, and the one on the right is displayed in windows image viewer, you can see that the image itself has a beige tint to it, this only happens in the image viewer and when i load up the pics in PS.

Attachments

• diff.jpg
    diff.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 89
Hmm. Interesting. Are you sure that the pic itself doesnt have the beige background? What i mean is IE is known for the poor rendering abilties. Does it load White in Firefox and/or Opera?

Only thing i can think of there is to edit the pic in Photoshop to remove the background and make sure it is white. Then open it again and see if it does it still.

oh its white, only image viewer is doing this, in photoshop it appears beige too but beige = white, if i save the pic and view it with anything else its normal.

I will report this to M$ in their Vista News groups and see if they have an answer for ya.

Well the only response that the newsgroups ahev come up with in our brilliance is to re-apply the aero theme. They think it is some kind of glitch in the Aero theme that is doing this and causing the Beige background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom