The Vista Death Watch - Page 10 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-19-2007, 08:59 AM   #91 (permalink)
Chillin Techie
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 11,861
Default Re: The Vista Death Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by raverx3m View Post
so are businesses not supposed to make money? do you own a business? or you lookin at it from a consumer's point of view? its alot more complicated than just XP is the **** and VISTA is overpriced and underdeveloped. whose fault is it that we let ourselves get punked by microsoft or any other company?
business practice here in America changed at the turn of the century. companies used to have Standards. these days it's just about mAKING MONEY any way possible.

I know that you've seen the new mac pc commercial. the one when they are talking about, to upgrade your system, you have to actually downgrade your OS. it talks on how everybody is going back to xp
__________________

__________________
The Ultimate Hard Drive Utility PowerMax 4.23. (It now has the ability to clean a Boot Sector virus on the quick erase option.)
The best browser Netscape 8
Have you accidently delete something? Look here (trial. the better one) and here(free)
EricB is offline  
Old 11-19-2007, 12:42 PM   #92 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
forrestcupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 692
Default Re: The Vista Death Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricB View Post
I know that you've seen the new mac pc commercial. the one when they are talking about, to upgrade your system, you have to actually downgrade your OS. it talks on how everybody is going back to xp
Which is another gimmick by a company who rapes people's finances even worse than Microsoft. Of course Apple is going to promote any negative chatter about Microsoft so they can boost the sales of their $125 service pack that runs on their overpriced hardware.

Apple is not one bit more respectable than Microsoft.
__________________

forrestcupp is offline  
Old 11-19-2007, 01:12 PM   #93 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
 
Apokalipse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 14,559
Default Re: The Vista Death Watch

They at least have a better way of updating their OS's. Money aside.

How long have they been using OS X?
__________________
Apokalipse is offline  
Old 11-19-2007, 02:10 PM   #94 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 868
Send a message via AIM to raverx3m
Default Re: The Vista Death Watch

ye i get it man i jsut dont want to get too deep into this discussion i know its the result of lots of consumer research on microsoft's side to create an attractive and simple but very restrictive system for a regular( vista for dummies reader/user) im most definitely sure they werent aiming at computer geniuses when they designed the system
__________________
I HATE FIREFOX!!!!!!!I don't care if its what you use!!! I use IE and will continue using it...
(64 bit win7)(6gb dual chnl ram)( Gigabyte EP43-UD3L)(Q8400-2.67ghz Core2 Quad)
(120gb SSD 840 PRO)(4 tb WD storage)(GeForce GTX 650Ti (GV-N65TOC-2Gi)
raverx3m is online now  
Old 11-19-2007, 02:18 PM   #95 (permalink)
krazy Techie
 
krazyq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 8,059
Default Re: The Vista Death Watch

This is how i c vista vs xp.
To be honest, i love xp and always will for a while.
I have vista now and i like it...but now love it.
Vista lovers will defend it as much as they want, but to speak the truth, i still think xp is better.
The only reason i went to vista was because of dx10(crysis)...which i could have gotten from xp.

I do like how vista looks better, and works better in some way, but ill be getting anotehr hdd and getting xp on it.
__________________
Intel Core i5-4670K
ASRock Z97 Anniversary
8 GB G.SKILL Ripjaws
MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
Sandisk Ultra II 960GB + Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + 2TB + 1TB WD Black
Samsung Note 8
2TB White PS4 Pro, PS3, Switch & New 3DS XL
65" LG OLED C7P
BenQ 27" XL2720Z
krazyq is offline  
Old 11-19-2007, 02:36 PM   #96 (permalink)
Chillin Techie
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 11,861
Default Re: The Vista Death Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by forrestcupp View Post
Which is another gimmick by a company who rapes people's finances even worse than Microsoft. Of course Apple is going to promote any negative chatter about Microsoft so they can boost the sales of their $125 service pack that runs on their overpriced hardware.

Apple is not one bit more respectable than Microsoft.

they didn't need a gimmick this time. ms supplied it
__________________
The Ultimate Hard Drive Utility PowerMax 4.23. (It now has the ability to clean a Boot Sector virus on the quick erase option.)
The best browser Netscape 8
Have you accidently delete something? Look here (trial. the better one) and here(free)
EricB is offline  
Old 11-19-2007, 02:54 PM   #97 (permalink)
Master Techie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NB, Canada
Posts: 2,215
Send a message via MSN to Akubane
Default Re: The Vista Death Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyq View Post
This is how i c vista vs xp.
To be honest, i love xp and always will for a while.
I have vista now and i like it...but now love it.
Vista lovers will defend it as much as they want, but to speak the truth, i still think xp is better.
The only reason i went to vista was because of dx10(crysis)...which i could have gotten from xp.

I do like how vista looks better, and works better in some way, but ill be getting anotehr hdd and getting xp on it.
I agree.

Though I won't be getting an XP partition. I didn't really like the OS much. Maybe I just wasn't maintaining it right but even with the performance drop from goign to Vista from XP I still feel like it's an upgrade, not a downgrade. All personal opinion though as everyone else in the world likes xp haha.
__________________


C2D E8400 | Diamond 4870 X2 | Biostar Tpower I45 | 4GB G.Skill PK
Corsair 750TX | Xigmatek HDT-S1283 | CM Haf 932
2x Seagate 1TB 7200.11 | Asus Xonar D2X | LT Z-5500's
Razer Lycosa | Razer Lachesis | LG L245WP-BN 24" MVA LCD
Akubane is offline  
Old 11-19-2007, 03:00 PM   #98 (permalink)
krazy Techie
 
krazyq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 8,059
Default Re: The Vista Death Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akubane View Post
I agree.

Though I won't be getting an XP partition. I didn't really like the OS much. Maybe I just wasn't maintaining it right but even with the performance drop from goign to Vista from XP I still feel like it's an upgrade, not a downgrade. All personal opinion though as everyone else in the world likes xp haha.
I've done acouple tweaks and have made booting faster and everything runs solid. The worst experience im having is file transter...its SLOW AS **** compared to xp.
They were suppose to fix that by now, but i guess not.
I do a lot of storage and transfers from week to week and it bugs the **** out of me when it takes so long on xp.

If Xp could just uupgrade to look bbetter and run dx10...i would stick with xp.
__________________
Intel Core i5-4670K
ASRock Z97 Anniversary
8 GB G.SKILL Ripjaws
MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
Sandisk Ultra II 960GB + Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + 2TB + 1TB WD Black
Samsung Note 8
2TB White PS4 Pro, PS3, Switch & New 3DS XL
65" LG OLED C7P
BenQ 27" XL2720Z
krazyq is offline  
Old 11-19-2007, 04:19 PM   #99 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
forrestcupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 692
Default Re: The Vista Death Watch

You do have to admit, though, that Vista is a lot nicer to look at than that crappy Playskool XP look. Yeah, I've tried changing themes, but I haven't found any that aren't cheezy. I tried the Vista Transformation Pack, too, and it was buggier than running Vista. And you have to pay for Windows Blinds to get transparent title bars which aren't implemented as nicely as Vista's. It isn't even possible to have a Start Orb in XP without making a small app that sits on top of the Start button.

I know these things are unnecessary, but after using Linux with Compiz/Fusion I can't bear to look at XP anymore and Aero is the best Windows offering for eye-candy.

The only trouble that I have had with Vista turned out to be a blown video card; it wasn't even anything to do with Vista. So I'm happy with it.
forrestcupp is offline  
Old 11-19-2007, 05:51 PM   #100 (permalink)
Ste
Do not Stare at my Avatar
 
Ste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Upon Gleaning Infinity
Posts: 9,577
Send a message via MSN to Ste
Default Re: The Vista Death Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by forrestcupp View Post
You do have to admit, though, that Vista is a lot nicer to look at than that crappy Playskool XP look. Yeah, I've tried changing themes, but I haven't found any that aren't cheezy. I tried the Vista Transformation Pack, too, and it was buggier than running Vista. And you have to pay for Windows Blinds to get transparent title bars which aren't implemented as nicely as Vista's. It isn't even possible to have a Start Orb in XP without making a small app that sits on top of the Start button.

I know these things are unnecessary, but after using Linux with Compiz/Fusion I can't bear to look at XP anymore and Aero is the best Windows offering for eye-candy.

The only trouble that I have had with Vista turned out to be a blown video card; it wasn't even anything to do with Vista. So I'm happy with it.
Yes, Becase we all know that eye-candy is the most important part of any operating system...
And no, you don't have to pay for Windows Blinds. You can consult Mr Torrence..
__________________

Ste is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Download Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Beta Osiris Microsoft Windows and Software 0 10-14-2007 11:57 AM
HELP!!! Vista - Blue Screen of Death david15549 Microsoft Windows and Software 0 09-11-2007 04:16 PM
10 Reasons You Don't Need Vista Today Cyber.Logan New Systems | Building and Buying 47 08-15-2007 05:31 PM
Linux and Vista dual-boot Mike9182 Linux and Open Source 1 06-26-2007 07:53 PM
Is Vista Full of Bugs ? NayNay1991x Microsoft Windows and Software 14 05-29-2007 07:40 PM



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.