The Vista Death Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
so are businesses not supposed to make money? do you own a business? or you lookin at it from a consumer's point of view? its alot more complicated than just XP is the **** and VISTA is overpriced and underdeveloped. whose fault is it that we let ourselves get punked by microsoft or any other company?

business practice here in America changed at the turn of the century. companies used to have Standards. these days it's just about mAKING MONEY any way possible.

I know that you've seen the new mac pc commercial. the one when they are talking about, to upgrade your system, you have to actually downgrade your OS. it talks on how everybody is going back to xp

I know that you've seen the new mac pc commercial. the one when they are talking about, to upgrade your system, you have to actually downgrade your OS. it talks on how everybody is going back to xp

Which is another gimmick by a company who rapes people's finances even worse than Microsoft. Of course Apple is going to promote any negative chatter about Microsoft so they can boost the sales of their $125 service pack that runs on their overpriced hardware.

Apple is not one bit more respectable than Microsoft.

ye i get it man i jsut dont want to get too deep into this discussion:) i know its the result of lots of consumer research on microsoft's side to create an attractive and simple but very restrictive system for a regular( vista for dummies reader/user) im most definitely sure they werent aiming at computer geniuses when they designed the system

This is how i c vista vs xp.
To be honest, i love xp and always will for a while.
I have vista now and i like it...but now love it.
Vista lovers will defend it as much as they want, but to speak the truth, i still think xp is better.
The only reason i went to vista was because of dx10(crysis)...which i could have gotten from xp.

I do like how vista looks better, and works better in some way, but ill be getting anotehr hdd and getting xp on it.

Which is another gimmick by a company who rapes people's finances even worse than Microsoft. Of course Apple is going to promote any negative chatter about Microsoft so they can boost the sales of their $125 service pack that runs on their overpriced hardware.

Apple is not one bit more respectable than Microsoft.

they didn't need a gimmick this time. ms supplied it

This is how i c vista vs xp.
To be honest, i love xp and always will for a while.
I have vista now and i like it...but now love it.
Vista lovers will defend it as much as they want, but to speak the truth, i still think xp is better.
The only reason i went to vista was because of dx10(crysis)...which i could have gotten from xp.

I do like how vista looks better, and works better in some way, but ill be getting anotehr hdd and getting xp on it.

I agree.

Though I won't be getting an XP partition. I didn't really like the OS much. Maybe I just wasn't maintaining it right but even with the performance drop from goign to Vista from XP I still feel like it's an upgrade, not a downgrade. All personal opinion though as everyone else in the world likes xp haha.

I agree.

Though I won't be getting an XP partition. I didn't really like the OS much. Maybe I just wasn't maintaining it right but even with the performance drop from goign to Vista from XP I still feel like it's an upgrade, not a downgrade. All personal opinion though as everyone else in the world likes xp haha.

I've done acouple tweaks and have made booting faster and everything runs solid. The worst experience im having is file transter...its SLOW AS **** compared to xp.
They were suppose to fix that by now, but i guess not.
I do a lot of storage and transfers from week to week and it bugs the **** out of me when it takes so long on xp.

If Xp could just uupgrade to look bbetter and run dx10...i would stick with xp.

You do have to admit, though, that Vista is a lot nicer to look at than that crappy Playskool XP look. Yeah, I've tried changing themes, but I haven't found any that aren't cheezy. I tried the Vista Transformation Pack, too, and it was buggier than running Vista. And you have to pay for Windows Blinds to get transparent title bars which aren't implemented as nicely as Vista's. It isn't even possible to have a Start Orb in XP without making a small app that sits on top of the Start button.

I know these things are unnecessary, but after using Linux with Compiz/Fusion I can't bear to look at XP anymore and Aero is the best Windows offering for eye-candy.

The only trouble that I have had with Vista turned out to be a blown video card; it wasn't even anything to do with Vista. So I'm happy with it.

You do have to admit, though, that Vista is a lot nicer to look at than that crappy Playskool XP look. Yeah, I've tried changing themes, but I haven't found any that aren't cheezy. I tried the Vista Transformation Pack, too, and it was buggier than running Vista. And you have to pay for Windows Blinds to get transparent title bars which aren't implemented as nicely as Vista's. It isn't even possible to have a Start Orb in XP without making a small app that sits on top of the Start button.

I know these things are unnecessary, but after using Linux with Compiz/Fusion I can't bear to look at XP anymore and Aero is the best Windows offering for eye-candy.

The only trouble that I have had with Vista turned out to be a blown video card; it wasn't even anything to do with Vista. So I'm happy with it.
Yes, Becase we all know that eye-candy is the most important part of any operating system...
And no, you don't have to pay for Windows Blinds. You can consult Mr Torrence..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom