Vista compatible image loading programs - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 07-29-2007, 03:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Vista compatible image loading programs

I tried to install alcohol 120 and it gave me blue screen errors that totally crashed my comp (the program worked fine on my XP computer though) Are there any other good image loaders that are safe with vista?

Old 07-29-2007, 08:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Default Re: Vista compatible image loading programs

i use magic disc....Vista reports a known incompatibility when you install it, but magic disc does work...may do funky things...but as yet I am not sure if it causes any actuall problems. Just one of those apps not specifically coded for Vista

Old 07-29-2007, 09:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

by image loaders do u mean image mounting or imagemaking?

image making- try PowerISO

image mounting- try daemontools

also may wanna try compatibility wizard and updates for Alcohol
I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.

.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
Old 07-30-2007, 04:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Master Techie

The latest version of Alcohol works with vista also same with Daemon tools, but do not install older versions as they will crash your comp!
Old 07-30-2007, 09:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

I use Alcohol 120% version with Vista Ultimate with no issues at all. Make sure your version is at least there or higher for no compatability issues.

Also Daemon Tools latest version works along with PowerISO, MagicISO and a few others.
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 07-30-2007, 09:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
Super Techie

ultraISO has a vista version (v3)

Torvalds was contemptuous of Microsoft's claims and has asked Redmond to name the patent infringements so that their veracity can be challenged and workarounds found.
"Naming them would either make it clear that Linux is not infringing at all (which is quite possible, especially if the patents are bad), or would make it possible to avoid infringing by coding around whatever silly thing they claim,"

"So the whole 'We have a list and we're not telling you' should tell you something. Don't you think that if Microsoft actually had some really foolproof patent, they'd just tell us and go, 'nyaah, nyaah, nyaah!'?"

whole story here:
Closed Thread