Vista changing focus

Status
Not open for further replies.

bentobaku

In Runtime
Hi fellas, new week new problem... This is gonna be hard to explain so bare with me.

First off tech info:
Windows Vista Home Premium 32
Dell Inspiron 530
Intel core2 1.8ghz
4g ram
Nvidia GeForce 9600GT

Problem:
Misc my computer changes focus, or actually looses focus. Like while i am typing this post my computer suddenly looses focus on the browser window.(dings to let me know i cant type) This also (and where i first noticed) happens while i play WoW (in windowed mode). The thing is, i cant find anything it is focusing on.

If you click alt+tab after it changes focus whats the first program listed in the tab list? It should have the program it's focused on selected first. Does this happen in safe mode as well?

Hi,
I actually have a similar problem. I will be typing andthe same thing will happen; you hear that "ding ding ding" and you look up and your focus is off.

It doesn't appear to be on another window or app, it just seems to have been removed form teh window you were just on. I have not tried doing "alt-tab" but will next time it happens.

I have a homebuilt machine:
Intel 9550
8gb ram
Vista 64 Ultimate
Nvidia GeForce 9800GT

Also I regularly run several simultaneous RDP sessions from this box, and I will usually be typing away in one of them when this happens.

Its annoying. Also its probably the cynic in me, but do keyloggers cause this type of behavior? I have scanned for malware using the guide on majorgeeks and have come up clean.

Ok, Just happened again. I tried "alt-tab" and the first one listed was the window I had been typing in that had lost focus.

After simply releasing alt-tab without changing the selection, focus was returned and I could continue typing.

Its almost as if some app is launching, stealing focus, then terminating and not returning focus all within a period of a millisecond or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom