vista business..

Status
Not open for further replies.
can't you do a fresh install from an upgrade disk?
fresh install w/o serial first, and upgrade within that install

are we not suppose to talk about that?
It is always advised if you can install fresh to do so. Upgrading is a tricky business.

It is possible. But the thing is you basically install twice then. At that point it becomes silly to recommend it. Cause you install Vista then install it again to get it to be a "fresh" install by formatting the drive then installing Vista again.

Who wants to go thru the install process twice to get a OS isntalled? Kinda pointless if you ask me.

okay.. i dont know if its an upgrade or not. but i will be getting it though the college since it is so cheap. but thanks for help..

(oh and mak.. could you direct me to an external media port like found on the lian li desks. this is on another post but im not getting any help. just an external box with firewire, memory card slots, and usb?)

I ran vista with 768mb ram alright for a while. Just had some problems with the playback of videos being slow and out of sync. My video card at the time was a fx5500 but I'm not sure if the gfx card is what caused the lag or low memory.
The minimum requirements don't mean jack. You pretty much need double what they say to have the best vista experience.

If it is thru school it should be a retail copy or a OEM. Not a upgrade version. It should be the full version.

I also checked that thread. If i could. I would have responded there. I cant get that site to open and therefor i cant help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom